Chapter 23: Family Secrets! Part 2

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 1, 2019; June 1, 2020, 1:15PM)

             Kylie stifles a cry. "I will NEVER EVER be with him Finn." She assures him. He smiles and nods at her. "I know. But I somehow felt something when he said that. I felt a bit of truth to it." He holds back a cry also. Kylie shakes her head vigorously. "No way. No way! That's never going to happen. You were just angry at him." She says as she shakes her head back and forth. Finn shrugs. "I don't know. As much as I wanted to ignore EVERYTHING he said, I think he's right about it all. I can't tell you how I know. But I just do." Finn says defeated and confused. Brian looks at Finn and Kylie. "I think you are a Merman." Brian blurts out. Finn and Kylie look at Brian. "But I don't have a tail." He says. Nicholas looks at them and shakes his head confused, while Kylie shrugs. "Brian and I both saw an Aura around you while you were talking to Matt. And you have a Moon Tatto like us!" Kylie exclaims excited. Brian laughs. "Actually. His is a Waxing Crescent Moon. And ours is a Waning Crescent Moon. And his didn't have a Trident. His has waves or something behind the Moon." Brian informs her. Kylie nods. "Oh. I guess I should take Astronomy." Kylie laughs. Finn chuckles. "Even I know the difference." He playfully judges Kylie. Kylie rolls her eyes. "I'd be able to take Astronomy if I was a Junior. Which I should be soon. But I'm only a 16 year old Sophomore who should be a Junior in 5 months. But I'll still be a Sophomore because of this stupid schooling system. And you are a Senior. So of course you know." She rants. She hasn't had anyone to complain to other than Lexie and Darla about the schooling system in Australia. But she doesn't understand why she suddenly broke.

Finn smiles at her. "Yeah maybe. And I'm sorry you can't go into your 11th year until next year." He says. She shrugs. "At least you will still be here." Kylie smiles at him. Finn frowns. "I'm graduating this December remember?" He reminds her. Kylie sighs. "Oh yeah." Evie looks at her. "You'll still have us." She points at the group. Jakobe hunkers his shoulders. "I also graduate in December." He breaks the news. Kylie nods. Evie looks at Jakobe. "Oh yeah."

"So how are you BOTH graduating at the same time? Finn should have graduated like forever ago." Kaylee says in her snobby girl voice. Finn looks at her. "Because I failed." Finn admits. Kaylee wrinkles her nose. "Ewww." Finn rolls his eyes. "I had a difficult time then." He says. Nicholas looks at Finn curiously. After all the talk about school, Nicholas doesn't know how old Finn actually is. Their dad though he was in College, but he told him he was getting ahead. "You told my dad, you were taking College classes to get ahead. So you should be about 17. But you failed. So how old are you?" Finn sighs. He looks at Nicholas. He hated not telling him the truth for this long. He also didn't like lying to their dad. "I turned 20 January 4th." Finn answers. Kaylee and Nicholas gasp. Kylie stares at Finn in shock. She didn't know he was that much older than her. She initially thought he was 16 or 17. Because of Australia's schooling system and different state programs. But she thought he looked older than 16 or 17. She suddenly remembers Jakobe saying Finn's age also when Jakobe got Mia pregnant. And Jakobe was 16, but she didn't know what year that was.

"Your dad is going to be so mad." Kaylee says. Nicholas nods. "I'm sorry sis. But she's right. Daddy always said that if you dated a boy, he had to meet him AND be your age and be good to you." Kylie looks at the disappointed look on her brothers face. "I didn't exactly know Finn was 20. And Dad technically did meet him. And he is good to me." She says. "And besides! Jacob was a year older than me and he met dad and still wasn't good to me." She defends Finn and herself. Finn looks at her and sees a tear run down her cheek. He leans down and wipes it off. "Sorry I didn't tell you I was 20. I didn't know we'd actually end up together. No matter how much I wanted it." He says. Kylie huffs. "You should have told me before you asked me out. My dad is actually going to freak out Finn." Finn looks at Nicholas. Nicholas looks at Kaylee. "You think dad will be okay with it?" He asks Kaylee. Kaylee shakes her head. "No way. My mum won't be either. She says she has something to tell Kylie and I don't think Finn being 20 will matter." She reveals. Kylie and Nicholas look at Kaylee confused. "That's weird. I don't know her that well. I mean she's really nice to me. But I still don't know her that well." Kaylee shrugs. "I don't know."

Evie looks at Kaylee. "Your mums last name is Andrews isn't it?" She asks Kaylee. Kaylee looks at her curiously. Kylie looks at Evie and Kaylee, realizing that they also look alike. Not as similar as her and Evie. But they have several of the same characteristics. Like their curly dark hair and their noses and eyes. Their lips are different. Kaylee's are thinner and wider than Evie's. Even though there are a few skin tones between them, their lips are the EXACT same color. Kaylee and Evie look at Kylie staring at them. They shake it off. "Yes. Brianna Andrews." Kaylee answers. Evie gasps. "Was she born in New Zealand?" Kaylee nods. Kylie's eyes widen, knowing where Evie is getting at. "My last name is also Andrews and my mum is your mum!" Evie exclaims. Everyone gasps. "What are you talking about. My mum only had me? And I was born in Australia after she moved here." Kaylee says. Evie shakes her head. "Has you mum ever lived in Florida in the United States?" Evie asks Kaylee. Kaylee nods, her eyes widen. "Yes! She lived in New Zealand, then Florida, then here. How did you know?" Evie laughs as a tear rolls down her cheek. "Because she's my mum too. I have it on my birth certificate." Evie wipes the tears off her face. "Although, mine says I have a twin. And your younger than me." Evie says confused. Kaylee sighs. "Are you lying?" Evie shake her head. "Why would I be lying?" Evie says offended. Kaylee shrugs. "I don't know. But there is no way my mum has been keeping TWO siblings from me!" Kaylee yells.

Kylie looks at them both. But she focuses on Kaylee. "You said before that your mom dated my dad when they went to College in Florida right?" Kaylee nods. Nicholas looks at his sister and sighs confused. "I don't understand what's going on sis." Finn looks at Nicholas. "Neither do I." Kylie sighs. "I'm not sure I do either." She speaks up and continues. "I was born in Florida too." Kylie lets the group know. Everyone beside Nicholas gasps. "Really?" Evie asks. Kylie shakes her head. "Yeah." Kaylee looks at Evie and Kylie. "You guys look almost identical. Besides your skin color and hair." Kaylee blurts. Finn looks to Evie, then to Kylie. He gasps in shock. An odd feeling runs through him. "You guys really do." He looks at Kylie. Then back to Evie. "It's insane how much you too look alike." He looks to Kaylee. "You are exactly right." Kaylee perks up and smiles. "Of coarse I am." She says. Finn stares at Kaylee. Focusing on her features, he looks to Kylie, then to Evie. "You all have identical Eyes and Noses! And your faces are all the same shape." Finn says in shock. Kylie chuckles. "Yeah. I noticed that a hot 5 minutes ago. I always knew Evie and I looked alike. But seeing her and Kaylee stand next to each other is when I noticed they look similar too." Kylie smiles at Finn. Proud she figured it our first. But why would he being looking at them anyway. She reminds herself.

"Well, I figured it out before everyone else did." He says. Kylie looks at him. He has a point, he did. Jakobe points at Evie. "But you used to date her and now you date her look a like." He laughs. Finn looks at Kylie. Kylie's face slackens, upset. Jakobe looks at Kylie. "I didn't mean it like that. I swear." Finn looks at Kylie. "I'm not dating you because you look like Evie. I like you because.." He looks around him. "There's an entire list why I like you. I'd take forever to tell you." He says. She smiles at him. "Yeah, Please don't explain." Jakobe laughs. Kaylee looks at him and nods. "Yes. I don't want to hear about how Kylie gives you goose bumps when you guys kiss and how it's hard to stop yourself from kissing her endlessly." Kaylee reveals a private conversation Finn and Kylie had about a week ago. Finn and Kylie look at each other and grin, both of their cheeks redden. "That was a private conversation Kaylee. Do I need to tell your mom that you eavesdrop?" Kaylee shrugs. "You shouldn't have had it on speaker." She grins. She looks at Kylie and Finn. "I honestly didn't mean to overhear. I heard you trying to take it off speaker." Kylie rolls her eyes. "Sure." She looks down at the water, trying to hide her face. Finn lifts it up and kisses her. Evie looks at them. "Do we need to give you guys some time alone?" She teases. Finn slowly takes his lips off Kylie's. "Noooooo." He draws out. He desperately wishes they could be alone, but he doesn't want Kylie to be uncomfortable with him at all. He's trying to slow down his pace with Kylie.

Jakobe pulls Nicholas around. "They are done Nick." He says nicely. Nicholas nods and looks at Finn sitting next to his sister. "So I guess my sister needs to tell my dad about you." He says. Finn nods. "Absolutely." He agrees. Kylie's face heats up. She's not ready to introduce Finn as her boyfriend to her father yet. And tell him he's 20!

"And Kaylee, Kylie and I need to figure out what is going on with us." She says. Kylie and Kaylee nod.