Chapter 22: Mermaid Gift! Part 2

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 1, 2019; May 5, 2020, 1:15PM)           

                Kaylee looks at Brian and Kylie and shrieks. "Ahhh!" Evie jumps. "Stop being so loud!" She demands. Kaylee nudges Evie. Evie changes her focus on Kylie and Brian. "What the heck. How?" Evie asks stunned. Kaylee stands next to Evie, mouth wide open and stock still. Nicholas looks at both of his friends. "That's what they keep talking about." Evie continues to stare at the two people with tails in the water. "Is this why you guys have been acting so strange?" She asks. Kylie looks at Brian. "He's always been strange. But that's correct for me." She laughs. "Hey!" Brian says. "It messes with me too." Kylie smirks. Brian looks at her and chuckles. "Are you having me on?" Kylie and Nicholas look at him confused. "Huh?" She asks. Brian laughs. "Are you joking with me?" Kylie's face loosens. "Oh." She says feeling stupid. Finn chuckles. "Americans." He jokes. Nicholas and Kylie look at him and scowl. "Hey!" They say together. Finn bites his lip. "Sorry." Kylie waves her hand. "It's no big deal. Us AMERICANS don't understand why you guys don't fully pronounce half of the words you say. You are very lazy speakers." She playfully shoots at him. Finn's jaw drops. "At least we don't say 'What in sane hill?'" Finn mocks Kylie's phrase. Kylie puts her hand to her chest. "I am so offended." She says sarcastically. "At least a lot of Americans know how to saw Aluminum." Kylie laughs so loud it echos of the walls of the cave. This time, no one notices. Possibly because Kaylee and Evie are too shocked at what they are looking at in the water.

"Can you guys stop blabbering and explain how.." "...That happened." Evie points toward Kylie and Brian. Kylie looks at Evie. "Yeah. We can." Kylie looks at Brian. Brian nods and motions for her to go on. "It happened to me when me, Nicholas, and our dad were here about a month. Nicholas and I went to Moanie Island and we came across a cave. I saw it glowing inside, I wanted to go in it, but Nicholas got a text from our dad that he was going to be home soon, so we had to hurry home before he got home because we didn't ask him to go." Nicholas nods. "And two days later, I went back alone. I told him I was going to bring a friend who knew the Island." "But you didn't," Finn says. She looks at him still wishing she brought him. "No, I didn't. After very weird sounds and sudden gusts of winds, I found this place. It was glowing again. And after hesitation, I came in. And I experienced more winds and voices. And the winds became stronger and eventually it lifted me up and I was hovering over the water. I kicked and screamed and yelled for help. It eventually dropped me onto the ground. I was rushing to leave, but it came back even stronger and lifted me back up again, and then it dropped me into the water. That's when I constantly kept fighting something that had to have been invisible. It kept pulling me under. A few times I was underwater fighting and screaming and water was filling my lungs. My body was tingly, week, achy, and now that I remember, It felt numb." Kylie thinks back to that awful day. Everyone is staring at her wide-eyed. Even Finn, Brian, and Nicholas. The 3 people who she told the story to. It's a type of story that is always shocking no matter how many times you tell it.

"My head was achy too and once it released my ankle, it pulled me under again. My body was so weak, and everything was filled with water, I couldn't breathe or tread water. Then out of nowhere, I was pulled underwater again. But I remained calm. I popped back to the surface and I was floating on my back staring at my tail." She finishes. Kaylee and Evie gasp in shock. Evie stares at her best friend baffled. There has to be an explanation. "That is insane Kylie. I can't believe you were by yourself?" She says. Kylie nods, leaning against the edge of the pool of water. "It was terrifying." She says. Finn looks at her and sees a few tears form in her eyes. He walks up to her and gently wipes them off her cheeks. He looks into her eyes and smiles. "I'm glad you told them." He says. She sighs relieved. "I actually am too." Kaylee huffs. "What? Finn knew?" She asks. Finn and Kylie look at Kaylee and both nod. "Yes, he did. He found out when Jakobe, Darla, my ex-boyfriend Jacob and Nick found out. Only Nicholas was supposed to find out but Jacob and his cousin Darla ended up surprising us by randomly visiting." Jakobe nods. "I overheard them at the Crab Shack asking Nick and Kylie's dad where they were and he told them where they were. But he didn't know where the Island was and he had work stuff to do. So I told them I was a friend and I could take them there."