CHAPTER 46: Conflicting Thoughts! Part 1

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: WEDNESDAY, JULY, 2023

     Monday April 2nd,2018(2 months, 4 weeks,3 days.)

( 1 month, 3 weeks, 4 days after breakup with Jacob.)

(Kye and Finn dating = 3 weeks, 7 days)

(Kaylee & Brian dating = 12 days(1 week, 6 days)

Due to the ongoing investigation and Kevin still being in Adelaide; Kylie and Nicholas are still staying over at Finn's. Except Kevin still doesn't know where they are. He's been extra busy with meetings on his trip and only has had the time to answer 4 calls since the break in 2 days ago. One was from the Sooshanie Police Department (Mr. Miles made the call himself) alerting him that there was a break-in at his house and his children were there.

Another was from Matheu; Mr. Miles alerting him that Kylie had to go to a clinic because she was assaulted during the break-in. Mrs. Miles called him to let him know that she was going to watch over Brianna and Kaylee while Matt and Lonnie were going to watch over his children, including Evie. And the last call was from the Real Estate agent from West Virginia relaying the news to him that their house in W.V. was sold.

—————After dozens of times tossing and turning and thinking about the Sea Witch and the break-in, Kylie looks ups at Finn's stained ceiling and groans. She slowly pushes the covers off of her, rubs her eyes, looks to her left and reaches for her Black glasses. If she can't go back to sleep, she might as well get dressed and start the day. After all she could use extra time to take a shower before school, since she hasn't been able to since the incident. That's what the Police told her when she called them, don't clean up or else some evidence can be gone. And she hasn't had enough energy to get in the shower.

Kylie slowly puts her glasses on and sluggishly gets out of Finn's bed. She wonders if he and Nicholas slept better than she did. She looks around the room. She looks over to the right where the Camping Cot is. "Where's Nick." Kylie says worried. She takes a deep breath when she realizes that he's probably already up for school. She exhales and shakes the worry away and continues to take the pajamas off that Lonnie lent her.

Kylie screams startled, as the door slowly opens and Finn is standing in the doorway staring at her exposed body.

Feet away from the bed, Kylie stares at her pajamas laying on the floor. She crosses one leg in front of the other and covers her chest with her arms.

"I'm so sorry." Finn apologizes, looking away from her. "I didn't expect you to be up this early."

Kylie looks at the alarm clock next to his bed. 5 am, she can't even remember the last time she woke up this early. "I couldn't go back to sleep. I kept dreaming about the Double Bond and about Kleodora, the possible curse, and the break-in." Kylie admits to Finn as she takes a sheet and wraps it around her.

Finn looks away from his dresser and back to her. "I'm sorry. I wish I could do something." Finn huffs. "I wish I was there for you and Nicholas." Finn says defeated. Kylie's face turns red and she shifts awkwardly. She looks around the room nervously, a small sound comes out of her mouth.

Finn hears it and clears his throat.

"I'll just let you get dressed and then I'll get my workout clothes." He says looking away from her again.

Kylie bites her lip nervously. "Please." She says quietly. Finn nods and backs up and runs into the door frame. "Ouch!" He rubs his elbow. "You can look to leave the room, Finn." Kylie laughs.

Finn looks up at her, realizing shes covered by the sheet. Finn quickly looks away, turns around and walks out. He closes the door as he apologizes again.

As soon as Finn leaves the room, Kylie lets out a huge sigh of relief. She bites her lip again. She lowers her arms and uncrosses her legs and throws the sheet back on the bed.

While her stomach is in knots, she walks over to her bag and fishes out an outfit. As she puts Lonnie's Seaside High top on she thinks of how sorry she is for saying the things she said to her dad during the Barbecue. And especially for lying to him about staying at Lonnie's when she's really at Finn's. "Dad would have a cow if he found out that Finn lived alone." She says as she puts on Lonnie's mini skirt. She tugs on in uncontrollably. "I wish I would have just went home and got my own skirt." Kylie says as she pulls on the stretchy fabric.

When she's done fiddling with the skirt; she folds Lonnie's pajama's and hears a light knock. She looks at the door. "Ummmm....are you....." Finn stumbles on his words nervously. Kylie smiles at his adorable nervousness.

"You can come in." She hears him let out a breath on the other side of the door. He slowly opens it and takes a few steps in and nods at her. She smiles at him as she puts Lonnie's pajama's on the nightstand. "Sorry again." Finn apologizes. Kylie bites her lip and looks away nervously. "It's ok. I know you didn't mean to walk in like that."

Finn's body heats up. He looks at her intensely. He shakes his head. "Oh, Kye." He says, his voice intense. Kylie looks at him curiously. "What?" He looks at the short tight skirt and walks toward her, takes her hands, and pulls her into him. He wraps his arms around her body and sighs. Kylie wraps her arms around his torso. "Finn. I don't think I'm ready yet." Kylie says looking up into his blue eyes.

Finn cocks his head. "You look ready to me." He says. "Or do you have to put your face on." He says mocking her. "And school doesn't start for another 3 hours." Kylie looks at his face and notices he didn't get what she meant.

She sighs and swallows hard. "I don't think I'm ready to have sex yet, especially after the break-in." She admits.

Finn looks into her eyes. "I know. And I'll wait as long as you want. And that's absolutely not what I meant. I just wanted to console you."

He smiles at her sweetly. "I love you Kye. And I still think it'd be best if we waited until we were married." Finn pulls her closer.

Kylie's heart flutters. She smiles happily. Then she feels something that changes her thought. Suddenly her face reddens. Her heart races. She looks away from Finn nervously."Ummm.....Are you sure you can wait?"

Finn looks at her curiously. "Yeah, I can. Why?"

Kylie swallows hard again. "Ummmm....." Kylie stutters nervously. "Because another part of your body is wanting to say otherwise." She says quietly as she shyly looks at him. Finn closes his eyes and releases Kylie. "I'm sorry. It can't exactly be controlled." He explains. Kylie nods. He opens his eyes and steps back and Kylie's arms release from around his body.

Finn looks at Kylie. "Kye." He says quietly. Kylie is still looking away from him. She doesn't say anything though. "Kye." He repeats. This time, his voice cracking. He looks down the front of his pants and rolls his eyes. Most guys would just shift things, but shifting things while wearing sweatpants would be kind of useless.

He looks at Kylie and sighs. "I really do want to wait. I'm a guy and sometimes...." He sighs. "....we get urges." He explains, his eyes wandering to Kylie's exposed legs. The most exposed he's seen them. He grips his leg and forces himself to look up at her face. "Can you please say something Kye?" He pleads.

Kylie finally faces him and her eyes immediately go to the recent development.

Finn sighs. "Now I think you are staring." Kylie looks at him, she blinks quickly. Finn smiles as her face flushes. "You are really adorable when you blush." Finn smiles.

Kylie bites her lip and flutters her eyes. Finn's heart races. "Sometimes I hate it when you do that." He says breathlessly.

"Sorry." She looks up to his face. "It's just awkward because you've just been such a gentleman and so respectful that I didn't expect that." She says, her eyes going back and forth from his face to his pants. "And I've felt really conflicted since the assault."

Finn nods. "I know. I've tried my best. But it's not that easy. Especially with the stupid Merman Hormones on top of the Double Bond jealousy." He admits. "And why have you felt conflicted?"