CHAPTER 44: International Mermaid Day! Part 5

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: Monday, July 10,2023

Matt sneeks glances at Kylie and she shyly keeps looking away. "Why? Is she really that bad?" Kylie swallows hard, trying to ignore the tightening in her chest. "I think I know what happened between you two. But will she do that to someone else?" Kylie says, trying to keep her focus on Finn and not Matt. Finn looks from Matt and then to Kylie and grunts annoyed. "Yes she will." He rolls his eyes.

When Matt notices that Finn is staring him down; he quickly looks away from Kylie. "Sorry." He apoligizes. "I've never seen her in Mermaid form before." Then Matt looks back at Kylie and he winks and smiles flirtatiously. Kylie feels her face heat up and her chest tighten even more. "It suits you." Matt winks once more. Finn rolls his eyes and growls at Matt causing Matt to look at Finn.

"So I may have stayed behind to eavesdrop on you and Gretchen. I was hoping I'd get a recording if her coming on to you." Matt laughs while he remains looking at Finn. "I got that and more." He continues as he looks around to eberyone else. "After Finn left, I approached her and she came on to me." Matt shivered just thinking about the womans disgusting behavior. "I got the audio recording of her coming on to me and admitting that she may have taken advantage of you." Matt wiggles his eyebrows victoriously.

Finn and Kylie gasp shocked. "No way!" Finn says ecstatic. Evie smiles wickedly. "Can we take her to court?" Evie asks. Her eyes gleeming. Brian takes a quick, put thorough glance around the buikding to be sure no one is coming. "And will Finn win in court?" Brian asks. Kaylee squeels happily. "Will that sicko go to jail?" Kaylee rubs her hands together excited to put the rotten woman in jail. Matt looks at everyone and nods. "I think we can." Matt looks at Brian, who remained guarding the building. "Jakobe actually stayed back to eavesdrop too and he got a full video of Gretchen coming on to me. Which wasn't planned. Nither of us told each other that we were staying behind." Matt looks at Finn and smirks. Finn lets out a sigh of relief. "And she should be getting the Court Papers soon. So she should definetly be behind bars soon." Finn says looking at Kylie. He still needs to tell her his ENTIRE past with Gretchen, Melody, and Lillian.