Chapter 23: Family Secrets! Part 1

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 1, 2019; June 1, 2020, 1:15PM)

              Finn looks around at everyone, his body heating up nervously. He clears his throat. "Earlier when Brian and I both saw Kylie's tattoo and saw the blue Aura around her body, it pushed me back to before my aunt left." Jakobe gasps. "What do you mean?" Finn rolls his eyes. "I didn't mean to mention her. I don't even know where I'm going with this. All I know is that when I saw that happen to Kylie, I felt this weird and warm feeling inside. Like something was coming alive inside of me. And I can't explain it, but it felt like I could sense how scared she felt when no one would tell her what was going on." He rambles nervously. Brian looks at him curiously. "What exactly are you saying?" He asks Finn. Kylie looks at Finn worried. He didn't tell her any of this because it just happened. Where is he going with this? She thinks to herself. Finn looks behind him to Kylie. "I'm trying to tell them about my experience on this Island when I went camping several weeks ago." He answers Kylie. Kylie blinks quickly. "I didn't say anything. Well out loud that is." She says confused. Finn looks around at everyone. "You didn't hear her?" He asks. Jakobe, Kaylee, Nicholas and Evie all shake their heads. Brian looks at Finn and Kylie. "No we didn't." He answers for them.

Finn looks at Brian. "Does that mean I heard Kylie's thoughts? Like she did ours?" Finn looks at Brian. Brian nods. "Maybe. But I don't know how if you aren't one of us." He explains. Kaylee sighs. "All this is so confusing. Is he like a human who has Merman powers or something? Or is he not telling us who he is?" Kaylee asks. Evie looks at her completely understanding. Brian shrugs as he looks at Finn. "Only he can tell us." Finn looks at Kylie and Brian. "I guess what I was trying to say earlier was; I had an experience on this Island weeks ago. I heard the same voices and felt the same odd winds Kylie felt when she was turned. And the small pond on this Island I caught fish from was glowing bright blue just like this pool of water was when Kylie said she was turned. I cooked and ate the fish when I got home. The next few days I started feeling dizzy, week, but oddly stronger than normal. And I had a major headache. The worst I've ever had. My limbs were extremely tingly." Everyone's jaws drop in shock. He looks around at everyone. The next thing will shock them AND gross them out. "But that's not all. I was craving Prawns and Crab or anything Seafood for Breakfast. Even Crocodile Bites from The Crab Shack." He shivers disgusted of his new Breakfast routine. "Yuck!" Evie, Nicholas, and Kaylee say together. Jakobe's jaw drops shocked instead of being disgusted. Well he is disgusted. But he's more so confused.

Brian looks at Finn utterly confused, yet intrigued. "That's not too odd for a newly transformed Merman craving." Brian looks at Kylie. "Did you have any cravings?" Kylie shakes her head. "Not at all. I couldn't eat anything besides a little bit of Shrimp." She shrugs. "But I'd eat Shrimp forever normally. Even before I transformed." She thinks harder. "But when I did turn, the little Shrimp I could eat, it HAD to be fresh and not fried and absolutely NO sauces. Everything seemed to make me sick. I was also dealing with other issues at the time, but I don't think that stuff had anything to do with my appetite because my appetite was fine before I was a Mermaid and I still had that stuff going on then." She shakes her head confirming. "I think it was only because of the Mermaid thing." She says. She looks at Finn. "But you said you didn't have a tail." She says. Finn nods. "I did. And I still don't. That's what I don't understand." He sighs stressed out. Kaylee speaks up. "Maybe you are just a human with Merman powers? If that's even possible." She says. Brian shrugs. "I'm not sure. I'm not an expert."

"I am." A strong voice comes from the tunnel entrance. Everyone looks around to the tunnel entrance to see a tall male standing staring at the group. Kylie peeks through the people blocking her and Brian, she notices the tan dark-haired figure. The same guy that said there was something different about her the first time she met him 2 weeks ago.

She looks at Brian and they both quietly and slowly submerge their selves under the water and swim underneath the low alcove. Peaking through, they both watch as the tan male talks to their friends. Kylie looks at Brian concerned. "Why is he here?" Kylie tries to use her gift by asking Brian. Brian looks at her even more confused than she looks. "How am I supposed to know. I've never met him." Brian answers back. Kylie looks at him relieved that her so called gift actually came in handy. She doesn't know what this guy would do if he found out what they were. Kylie squints closer at Finn. "What!?" She yells in her mind. Brian twitches and looks at her. He then looks at Finn. "There is no way! Now HE has a tattoo too!" Brian exclaims shocked. Kylie looks at Brian confused, then she looks back to Finn and her expression changes. "He has a purple Aura around him!" "There is no way this is possible without him having a tail." Brian says telepathically.

"If you guys don't shut up, then this guy will have both your tails. He already suspects Kylie has been here. He said he sensed her." Finn communicates with them telepathically. Kylie yelps. She puts a hand over her mouth. Brian looks at her concerned. "We need to leave now before that guy sees us. He probably heard you. CRAP! What if he hears us talking now!" Kylie's eyes widen and she puts her finger to her mouth ordering them both to be quit.

Finn's face whitens as he hears Brian and Kylie talk and wonders the same thing. He looks at Matt, trying to keep all his thoughts away. "So you are saying that my family is part of Poseidon's? Like King Poseidon of the sea. The Greek Myth?" He laughs. Evie and Kaylee look at Matt and laugh loudly. Louder than normal. He looks at them both. He winks at Evie and smiles. "That's exactly what I'm saying." He shifts his gaze back to Finn. "What? You don't believe in any of that stuff?" Finn chuckles. "Pfft. No. It's Mythology. Sure the stories are interesting, but they aren't real. Especially the entire Mermaid thing." He says. Matt tries to get a look behind the group. He points behind them toward the pool of water. "So what are you guys hiding?" He asks them. Finn looks behind him and sees Kylie's blond hair. She quickly moves farther into the alcove with Brian. Finn shakes his head. "Nothing. If we were it wouldn't be any of your business." He shoots at Matt. Matt looks at Finn. "Really? I think it would be. Considering an ancestor of mine created what you are hiding." Finn's face starts to get red. "I think you are unwelcome here. Am I right?" He looks at Evie, Kaylee, Nicholas, and Jakobe. Jakobe nods. "He's right. It's about time you leave." Matt rolls his eyes. He walks up to Finn, his face just inches away from Finn's. Hovering a few inches over Finn. "I can take you." He challenges Finn. Finn tilts his chin up, gaining eye contact with Matt. "Really? I don't think so." Finn asserts his dominance by pushing Matt back a few paces with his chest. Finn steps back and crosses his arms. "You aren't worth my time." Finn looks at Matt sternly. "And if you ever think about flirting with my girlfriend again, or harassing her or our friends." He chuckles sardonically. "You will regret it." Matt's eyes go from a chestnut brown to a dark brown, almost black. Matt's tone changes. "So she's your girlfriend now?" He questions. His tone rough and angry. Finn nods. Matt looks at him and rolls his dark eyes. "She won't be much longer." Matt starts to walk away, but turns around. "Don't tell me I didn't tell you about your family. If you don't believe me, ask your aunt Raina." Matt walks away and up through the steep dark tunnel.

Finn looks at everyone staring at him. "That was creepy." Evie says, as a shiver runs up her back. Kaylee nods agreeing. "Yes it was. Did you see his eyes?" She looks at Finn, who's eyes are no longer his normal brown either. Evie, Kaylee, Nicholas and Jakobe all step back. Kaylee shrieks. Finn jumps. He backs up too, his foot on the edge of the cave pool. He quickly gains his balance and stares at the group. "What are you guys staring at?" He asks. Nicholas shrugs. "You saw Matt's eyes?" Finn nods. "Yeah, they suddenly turned black when I mentioned I was dating Kylie." Evie nods. "Well. Your eyes turned they same color when you were defending her and us." She shudders. Kaylee nods. "Yeah. It was like soooo freaky. You looked like a Vampire." Kylie an Brian look at the group concerned. Finn notices that they are looking behind him. He turns around to face Brian and Kylie. Kylie shrieks. "They are black!" She yells. Brian gasps. "What is happening?" He says. Finn shakes his head. "I have no clue. All I know is; I felt a lot of range and anger when Matt kept pressuring us about hiding someone. Then when he said that Kylie wouldn't be mine for much longer, all that anger erupted." He explains. He shivers. "I've never felt that much anger in my life. It was a little scary." Nicholas nods. "It was scary to see." He shudders as he gets chills.