CHAPTER 38: Getting Caught! Part 4

FIRST UPLOADED: AUGUST 2, 2021 9: 53 PM 

"Clearly all of you have some problems. And clearly, it's never going to be solved unless we address the problem. And unfortunately, since the recent disappearance of the Counselor; I'm acting Counselor too." Mr. Bethel groans annoyed. Kylie and Finn sigh sympathetically. "So before I talk to Kylie and Finn alone. Let's find out what's bothering you guys." Mr. Bethel looks at all three of them regretting he agreed to the Counselor position. Damien looks at them. "I don't like Finn. That's it. I never have. I think he's too obsessed with his looks and even more obsessed with Kylie. He has nothing else he wants to strive for. At least I want to go to college and play pro ball. And if that doesn't work, I'll become an engineer." Finn rolls his eyes. "Obviously you don't know a thing about me. Because I do have things I like other than myself and Kylie. I actually am going to college for a Major in Marine Biology and a minor in Business and another Minor in Marketing. I hope to open up my own surf and rescue shop. Where customers can buy and rent surf gear and also turn in injured animals and adopt some too. And aside from my future, I recently realized that I need to get back to singing and acting. Something my mom and dad fought me on growing up."

Kylie looks at Damien. She sees his mouth hanging open in shock. "Wow! Who knew a loner who always starts fights has a promising future. Sorry I underestimated you, Finn. I still think you are obsessed with your hair." Finn shrugs. "Maybe. But I don't care. And I didn't realize that you wanted to make a career out of basketball. I thought it'd be Theater or Engineering. Something you seem to enjoy more. But at least you have some set plans and even a backup plan." Finn admits. "And I still think your a little obnoxious and need to let loose around your basketball buddies. They may not be by your side forever. Do you really want to be rude to your own Theater friends? Especially Kylie." Finn says. Damien looks at Kylie. "I'm sorry. I really do like you. I knew I'd never had a chance. You seem to go for guys who are less of a jock." Kylie shrugs. "That's not entirely true. Jacob was in Football, Soccer, and Track. And he played intramural Volleyball and Basketball during Class Tournaments; he, his cousin, and I also wrestled a lot for fun and Jacob did it when he was in Middle School. And Finn Boxes and Swims and Surfs. And he used to Wrestle and play Soccer." Kylie nervously rambles. "Why am I telling you this. It's none of your business." Finn smirks at her and shrugs his shoulders when he sees Damien roll his eyes.

Damien nods. "Interesting. And Matt?" And looks at her challengingly. Kylie shakes her head. "You know we never dated. And stay out of my business." Damien looks at her and laughs. "But you obviously like him. Or did. Or maybe still do." Kylie rolls her eyes as Finn growls at Damien.

Mr. Bethel looks at Finn scowling at Damien and speaks up. "Even though it's absolutely NON of your business Damien." He says sternly. "He's on the Wrestling team with his sister and I think he also plays Soccer." Damien looks at Mr. Bethel and rolls his eyes. He then shifts his gaze to Kylie and scoffs. "And somehow I was left out of the guy parade lining up to be with Kylie." He then looks at her and smirks. "You wrestled?" He chuckles. Finn laughs too. "Really? But your so small Kylie." Kylie rolls her eyes at them both. "It's not about the Dog in the Fight, it's about the Fight in The Dog." She sighs annoyed. Damien looks confused. Mr. Bethel looks at her and points. "Rey Mysterio!" Kylie nods excitedly. "Yes!"

Finn laughs. "Your so cute when you get excited about things." Everyone looks at him. He looks at them. "Crap. Sorry. I didn't mean to say that out loud." Mr. Bethel shakes his head and looks at Finn. "You should get your head examined kid. You seriously need to be careful what you say. It could get you into some deep trouble if you say the wrong thing to a girl. I'm speaking from experience kid. Being a teenager is difficult and awkward." He says clutching Finn's shoulder. Kylie laughs hysterically. They all look at her. She covers her mouth. "Sorry. I thought that was a little funny. He really doesn't have a filter most the time." She admits. Damien looks at Kylie. "From what I hear, you don't either when you're around him. Matt tells me a lot. And so does Kaylee. I think she has a crush on me. At first, I thought it was cute. But now I think it's weird. I think she actually believes she has a shot with me. I'm way too old for her." He says. Kylie rolls her eyes. "Yeah, I don't. And be alive me she has eyes for someone else. Finn knows." Finn nods. Damien says relieved. "Okay. Good. Seriously guys. You have a weird magnetic pull to each other. And it's not good considering I think Matt has the same pull toward Kylie. So good luck with that. Love triangles aren't fun. They're messy and complicated." Mr. Bethel nods. "They are. Wish you kids luck. You can go now, Damien." Damien nods. "Can't wait for the first practice." He nods at Kylie and Finn; turns around and walks out of the door.