Chapter 9: Newly Formed! Part 1

First Uploaded: 2013-2014  Dates updated: January or February 2018 October Jan. 13, 2020

TWO DAYS LATER: After dropping Nicholas off at Soccer practice, Kylie goes to the Crab Shack by herself. On the entire way there, she can't stop thinking about Finn and their first encounter. Yeah, she got hurt. But she saw the look on his face after he knocked her over, he didn't mean to do it. She sensed there was good in him and she wants to uncover it. But how can she when everyone avoids him like the plague. Not to mention she has a boyfriend and the feelings about Finn shouldn't exist in the first place.

Deep down, she knows she should stay away from him. But she doesn't like to single people out just because if what other people say. She gave Lexie a chance when she was talked about all over the school after Lexie made out with 3 boys at the school dance. And thanks to befriending Kylie, Lexie's reputation renewed. Kylie's pure and Godly reputation helped Lexie when she was at her lowest. Although her best friend is still boy crazy and is no longer pure, Kylie still will always be her best friend.

Her thoughts about Finn disappear quickly after she reads the text Jacob sends her. She thinks the worse as she takes it in that he's going to call her after he gets off of work. They haven't talked on the phone for a few days. Which the call was cut short because Jacob claimed he needed to go to Football conditioning for the upcoming school year.

The last time they almost had a full texting conversation was two days ago after her concert. She's heard many times that long-distance relationships don't last long. But as a hopeless romantic, she's always imagined that she and Jacob were stronger than being 10,000 miles apart.

The text he sent her wasn't very informative, so maybe it's not just a relationship rut they are going through, maybe it's more than that. She starts to sing 'Just Add You', one of her songs to calm her nerves before she goes into a panic attack.

The song was inspired by H20: Just Add water and mermaids in general. As a child, Kylie has always been drawn to the sea and obsessed with mermaids but knows they don't exist. The song is a slow ballad with a tempo similar to Butterfly Fly Away by Miley Cyrus about capturing your adventure by reminiscing about childhood memories. Specifically swimming with dolphins and her childhood dreams of being a mermaid.

She originally came up with the song for her 'Maria Garcia' alter ego YouTube channel as a "fun" memory for younger fans to connect with, but her manager saw it and loved it. A few days later, she was in the studio extending the song, making it more of a female empowered anthem while keeping her original lyrics. The song turned out into a great hit, for youngsters to relate with and teenagers to notice their importance to never forget their wonderful childhood memories that shape their lives. She never has, and that's what helps keep her anxiety away; Remembering an easier time. She wrote it when she went through all the issues with Jacob and his addictions. Fans will never know the real reason she came up with the song. It's too tragic to tell.

Minutes later, she arrives at the Crab Shack. Not paying attention she walks in restarting 'Just Add You'. As she passes a red-headed guy with a mow-hawk, she starts looking down at the floor as she's waiting for someone to clear the way to the register. The woman and child leave and Kylie continues her way to order and continues to stare at the grey tiled floor.

For a while singing distracted her thoughts about Finn, but she begins to think about him again. She orders a small Green Power smoothie and continues to sing as she's walking and staring down at the floor. She takes a few more steps and suddenly she runs into a table! She whips her head up and immediately stops singing when she notices someone is staring at her.

Kylie's breathing stops for a moment when she realizes who the person is. The exact person she's been thinking about all day. His beautiful blue eyes are wide open staring right at her as his fork is up to his lips. She starts to speak but gets choked up.