Chapter 30: Matts's News! Part 1

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 7, 2019; Dec. 4, 2020, 1 PM)

              I'm here." Finn folds his arms frustrated. Matt looks around the cave. "I see that." Matt says obviously. "Where is Kylie and everyone else?" Matt asks curiously. Finn laughs annoyed and rolls his eyes. He digs his black biker boot into the sparkly sand. "Of coarse you want her here too." Finn grunts aggravated. "Figures." He looks up at Matt and scowls.

Matt sighs. "Yeah." He crosses his arms. "Along with EVERYONE else. We are all supposed to be here so we can talk and figure a plan." Finn rolls his eyes. "What? You aren't here to tell me how you are going to steal Kylie from me?" Finn shoots at Matt as he takes a step closer to him. Matt un-crosses his arms and takes a step closer to Finn and looks him in the eyes. "I told you we are here to plan a way...." He looks around him and closes his eyes and focuses on his powers.

Matt opens his eyes and walks toward the cave pool. He bends down and uses his Super Sight to look for Kleodora. He lets out a sigh of relief. He looks behind him at Finn. "No. That's not what I'm on land for Alex. I'm not here to take Kylie away from you." Matt stands up and looks at Finn. "I called everyone here to come up with a plan to defeat Kleodora. Not to tell you how I'm going to take Kylie away from you." Matt chuckles. "You seriously think I'd tell someone how I was going to take their girlfriend away from them." He shakes his head and laughs amused. Finn scowls at him and Matt puts up his hands. "Oh. That's right. You two aren't even officially together are you?" He says cockily. Finn growls at Matt. Matt steps back and shakes his head. "Clearly I angered you."

 Finn takes a step back and sighs. "Yeah, you have." He scowls. Then he inhales and exhales to release his anger. "I have a few questions," Finn says as he looks at Matt curiously. "How do you know my birth name?" He asks crosses his arms again. "And why did you say that thing about being on land? Humans live on land?" Finn asks. Suddenly he feels his body heat up as his memories from his childhood swarm back to him. All the stories his dad told him and all the weird behaviors his aunt showed before she ran out on him. He looks at Matt with his mouth hanging open. "No. It can't be. That's not possible." He says to himself and stares at his boots.

Matt looks at Finn's blank face. "I know what you are thinking. But It is true and it is possible." Matt takes one step closer to Finn. "You're aunt is a Mermaid. That's why she left you. And your dad told you all those stories because he was saved by a Mermaid the day of the accident. He wasn't killed by one." Finn slowly lifts his head up and stares at Matt, his eyes piercing through Matt's soul. "How do I know that you are telling the truth? That's specific and really personal." Finn asks Matt, his voice angry.