CHAPTER 44: Int. Mermaid Day! Part 8

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: Monday, July 10, 2023

MARCH 29, 2018

After Brian, Jakobe, and Lonnie succesfully redirect Kevin; the group sigh relieved. "I don't know what I would have done if he would have found out like this." Kylie says relieved, the tightening in her chest subsiding. Finn looks over to her and grabs her hand. "You need to tell him soon Kye." "I agree Kylie. We all know." Evie says, agreeing with Finn. Kaylee looks from one sister to the other. "Our sister is right." Kaylee's dark curls bob as she nods.

Brian yells as he pushes Mr. Couture back. "I told you that she's not back there." Kevin stops and stares behind Brian and Jakobe; who quickly ran up to his brother's side. "I know I heard her." Kevin sighs frustrated. "What are you guys hiding?" He folds his arms, not having it anymore. "Is she drunk or something?" He shakes his head not wanting to think that. "Or is she high." Jakobe scoffs. "Your daughter drunk or high." Jakobe chuckles. "That's real funny." Brian shoots his brother a side glare. Jakobe straightens his back. "No she's not." Brian huffs. "And she's not here." He lies to Kevin. "She's seriously not here Mr. Couture." Evie approaches them. Kaylee nods. "She's not. She's with someone from school." Kaylee lies. Kevin groans as he pushes past Jakobe and Brian.