Chapter 31: The Meet Up! Part 1

First Uploaded:  November 20, 2019;  UPDATED: Dec. 15, 2020, 1 PM)

Matt looks at Finn and shrugs. "I told you there is something else I had to tell you that involves Kylie." Finn stares at Matt, his face beginning to turn red. Kylie looks from Matt to Finn and slowly pushes Finn back. She places herself in front of Finn to prevent him from striking Matt. Feeling like she's getting in the middle of another fight again, she shakes the anxiety away and looks into Finn's eyes. "Hey. What's going on?" She asks. Finn looks at Matt standing behind Kylie. "I think he would like to tell you more than I would." Finn says disgustedly. Kylie looks down at the sandy ground. She sighs and turns around. "Matt." She looks back up at him. "Why does it feel like you are trying to get between me and Finn and why have you called us here?" She asks Matt sounding a little aggravated. Matt scratches his head and smiles at her. "Everyone knows why I gathered us here." He answers. Jakobe huffs. "Yeah. But why are you acting like you have a thing for Kylie." He says hastily. Kaylee chuckles. "What? That's what this is?" Kaylee points at Matt and Kylie.

Matt rolls his eyes. "You really are a spoiled little nobody who doesn't think clearly." He chuckles as he side glances at Kaylee. Kaylee huffs. "I am not!" Brian shakes his head. "She's better than you. At least she doesn't steal someone away from someone else! And she is way smarter than you!" Brian puffs out his chest as he takes a step closer to Matt. Matt looks at Brian and at Kaylee. "Sorry to offend you. But that's my opinion." He looks at Brian next. "And you are stronger than you think. Don't let your powers tell you otherwise." He admits to Brian. Brian flinches from Matt's compliment and advice. "Ummm Okay. Thanks, I guess. But " Meanwhile Kaylee remains to scowl at Matt. And Kylie is also still keeping her focus on Matt.

Matt looks at Kylie. "Right before you guys arrived, I told Alex......" Matt clears his throat while the group mouth "Alex." confused. " I mean Finn about his family and their history and secrets." Finn looks at Kylie. And Kylie turns around to face him. "About your aunt?" Finn nods. "Yes. Well I think he told me everything about her. He also told me about my dad." Matt looks at Kylie and to Finn. "And about his family's legacy."

Kylie looks at Matt and her eyebrows raise. "Family legacy?" She then looks at Finn. "What is he talking about?" Matt rolls his eyes. "This is why I wanted to wait until everyone got here together so I didn't have to tell this story twice or more. I'm really getting tired of explaining things over and over to people." He says annoyed. Evie steps up next to her sister. "Okay. Matt. Listen." She makes herself known. Matt looks at her and so does Kylie and Finn. She nods. "You need to tell us what the Family Legacy is or else we are going to all leave and very likely not going to ever speak to you again." Evie huffs to catch her breath. "And you are lucky that we let you join our group considering that you are trying to take Kylie away from Finn." Evie pauses and sighs. "And as her twin sister, that doesn't bode well with me." Matt's eyes widen and he takes a step back. Kylie huffs. 

"Finn and I aren't together. He's not taking me from anyone." Kylie says louder than she meant to cause everyone to look at her, including Finn. "We aren't?" Finn asks, his voice cracking. Kylie looks up at him and blinks quickly as a tear runs down her cheek. "Ummmmm......" She stumbles nervously on her words. "You haven't really asked me out. And we haven't gone out on a date yet." She says very quietly and shyly. Finn places his forehead down on hers and whispers to her. "I thought I asked you out when Jakobe came after me here in the cave a while ago. I just thought you weren't ready to move on from Jacob yet." He tells her. She looks into his light blue eyes and smiles. "I....I wasn't then." She looks down at her converse. "But I think I have been for a little while. I've been waiting for you to bring it up again. I've been too nervous." Kylie admits to Finn. Finn chuckles at Kylie and smiles sweetly at her. "Just like a typical girl. Making the guy beg." He laughs. Kylie looks at him sternly. Then Finn hugs her. "After all this;" Finn looks around him. Then he looks back at her. "Then we can talk about that." He whispers to her, making Kylie smile in glee.

"Okay. Now since you guys have figured out where you two stand. Do you want me to tell you about Finn's Family Legacy or not?" Matt says angrily. Finn and Kylie quickly break apart and look at Matt, both of their cheeks flushed. Matt looks at them for a quick second and shifts his glances to the rest of the group. "So Alex and I are related. We are cousins." Matt says plainly. Jakobe gasps. And Brian's mouth drops. "I knew there was something connecting you two. I felt something but couldn't figure out what it was." Brian says astonished. Kaylee and everyone else remains still and their faces blank from shock.