CHAPTER 44: Int. Mermaid Day! Part 7

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: Monday, July 10, 2023

MARCH 29, 2018

Brian turns around and smacks right into Kevin. "Heeeyyyy Mr. Couture." Brian says nervously. Kevin tries to look behind Brian, Lonnie and Jakobe. "Where's my duaghter? I know I saw her run in this direction." Kevin says, his voice lowering. His stance straightening. Brian points around the building. "I think I saw her over there!" Brian points toward the pool full of kids and teenagers having a good o'l time. Kevin looks behind him and puts his hand over his eyes. "I don't see her. What is she wearing?" Kevin looks away from the pool and back to Brian, Jakobe and Lonnie. "She can't be swimming because she's had ear problems for months."

Brian shrugs. "I thought I saw her. But I could be wrong." "Wait I see her." Lonnie speaks up. She points over to the pool. "Never mind she just walked over to the Barbecue Buffet with someone from school." Lonnie says. Kevin looks over to the pool and squints for his daughter. He then realizes that the Barbecue Stand is out of his eyesight. So his glance goes back to Lonnie, Jakobe and Brian. "And what was she wearing. I might have seen her at the pool." Kevin lies. "Sounds like you need to remember what your kids are wearing before they leave the house Mr. C." Brian pats Kevin on the back. "Perhaps I do. But Kylie rushed out of the house this morning." Matt grunts and Kevin tries to look around them to see what he heard. "What is going on over there?" Kevin points behind the group, trying to see what is happening. "I hear people." He says. Brian looks at him and shrugs. "It's nothing. I think you hear the people at the Festival." Brian points over to the pool. Jakobe nods. "I believe that's what you hear Mr. Couture." Kevin nods. "Okay then. I'll go and try to find my daughter. If you see her. Tell her I need to talk to her ASAP." Kevin tries to look behind them, but Jakobe takes a step in front of Kevin, blocking his view of Kylie and Finn.