Chapter 25: Secret Sisters! Part 2

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 1, 2019; June 8, 2020, 3:10 PM) 

                   "Does Kaylee know anything about any of this?" She bluntly asks. Brianna recoils back as someone hit her. "Ummmm......no. Of course not. Why would you think she would know and you and your sister wouldn't?" Kylie looks at her birth mother's dark brown hair. She's always admired how silky and shiny it looked. Seriously, how does she keep it so nice? She swims in the ocean almost every day for a living, gathering samples and tagging animals and taking care of them.

                   "I don't know. I just assumed everyone knew besides the two people who were actually involved." Kylie admits. It seems like everyone has been keeping so much from her and she doesn't understand why. Do they not think she can't handle it? Because she can. Well, maybe she can't. She slumps her shoulders defeated. She has no idea what her life is turning into now.

                    She has a boyfriend who has weird Merman powers but no tail. She has powers now along with her tail and weird dark scales that take forever to disappear after she transforms back into human form. All the secrets and lies people have been hiding from her and telling her. And her own lies and secrets. Including her family secrets and Kaylee's recent tests that have been weighing on her like a ton of bricks. Her step-sister/half-sister may have Leukemia. Her recent experiences on Moanie has been haunting her at night, the creepy voices demanding her to leave the cave and Island. And she was struck a few times by random electricity on the walls. And not to mention she swears she thought she saw a weird greyish blue creature in the alcove of the pool of water.

                    After a few minutes of awkward silence between Kylie and Brianna; they hear the front door open. They both look at the wall dividing the living room and the front entrance waiting for Kevin to come around the corner, but all they hear is keys being placed on a plate. Then they hear footsteps approaching them. "Bri. Honey. I was thinking that we should tell Kylie everything." Kevin says as he rounds up on the corner. He stops and stares shocked. "I thought you had Drama practice after school?" He looks at Kylie, then he looks at the scrapbook that's lying next to Kylie. His face quickly pales. She looks at her dad and shrugs. "It was canceled. Not everyone was able to make it." She says flatly. Brianna looks up at her fiance's face. "She already knows." Kevin gasps at Brianna's news. "What? How?" He shakes his head. "Of course. It was that scrapbook. It was supposed to be put away so you wouldn't have found out this way Kye." He shoots Brianna a stern look. Brianna looks at his hard look. "I...I'm sorry. I didn't know she was going to be home early and I was rushing to get to work." She defends herself. Kevin rolls his eyes. "I told you it wasn't a good idea to work on it out in the open. We were supposed to tell her together Bri. Why would you betray me?" Kevin's tone quickly turns from anger to genuinely sad. Kylie looks at her dad. "She didn't betray you. Don't take it out on her. She wasn't the only one who kept this from me." She points at the book and holds up her Birth Certificate. Kevin's shoulders slump. He slowly walks around the couch and moves the scrapbook and places it on the coffee table. He hesitantly sits down next to his daughter.

                     Kylie slowly scoots a little away from him, not wanting to be close to him. She's too angry with him to be close to him and forgive him. He frowns as she scoots away. He's upset she's appalled by his secret, but he understands her reaction. He looks into his daughter's chestnut brown eyes that identically match her birth mothers and the mothers she grew up with. He holds back his tears. "You are right. I shouldn't have taken it out on Brianna." He shifts his glance to his amazing fiance. He smiles at her and takes in her beautiful bronzed skin and silky hair. "I'm sorry Bri. Baby, I shouldn't have said any of that to you. It's not your fault she found it. Anyone could have found it laying here. We shouldn't have to hind it from her any longer." Kevin admits. Kylie nods. She takes a deep breath, deciding to tell her dad the truth. "Exactly. And besides, I was trying to find my Birth Certificate because I had suspicions that my family wasn't who I thought they were." Kylie lets out a deep sigh. She notices that BOTH of her parents are staring at her in shock, both of their mouths hung open. "I found dad and Nicholas' Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards, but not mine." "So I was going to give up until I came into here ad saw that." She points at the dark blue scrapbook that her dad put back on the table. "And I looked at the first page and then my Birth Certificate happened to fall out. Then I looked at more pictures and looked at my Birth Certificate and put a few things together." She grumbles exhausted. "But I still have no clue how I have a twin sister. And how we have different fathers?" She looks at her dad upset. So many questions going through her head. Did her dad have an affair? Is he really the father to both her and Evie?