Chapter 28: Mysteries At The Park! Part 1

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 4, 2019; Dec. 1, 2020, 12:45 PM)

                      After Jakobe dropped Kaylee off at the Couture's house; he and Brian go back to the park to play more Basketball by themselves. When they get there, Brian hears a strange noise. Standing next to the park bench, he curiously looks around the area to find the odd sound. Suddenly his memory from the last time he and Jakobe were on Moanie Island comes to the front of his mind. "So did you hear that noise?" He looks at Jakobe who is a few feet in front of him. Jakobe turns around and looks at his younger brother concerned. "Yes, I did. It wasn't that loud, but I heard it." Brian nods as his eyebrow raises. "It was louder to me. But things are always louder to me." Brian says looking around the park. His eyes lock in on something in the trees behind the Basketball court. "Did you see something back there?" He says pointing behind the court and into the forest of trees and flowers. Jakobe shifts his gaze to the trees. "No, I didn't. But you are the Merman here. Your senses are usually better than mine." Jakobe admits. Brian shrugs. "Yeah. I guess." Jakobe walks toward the Basketball court. Then Brian puts his arm out in front of him to stop him. "I wouldn't go over there. You don't know what it is and what it can do to you Jakobe." Jakobe rolls his eyes and stares at his brother. "Little brother. I'll be okay. After all, I have a Merman as a brother with kick-ass powers." He chuckles. Brian laughs. "Maybe. But I don't know if that thing can out power me." He huffs. "I don't have as much power as you think. That one day I threw that extra-large Fire Ball was because I was angry and haven't been able to do it since." He throws his hands up frustrated. Jakobe steps back.

           "Oh. Okay. I'm sorry bro. I didn't know about that. I thought it was something you were practicing." Brian shrugs. "Nope. It wasn't. And I tried to do it again, but the FireBalls can't get that big again." Jakobe looks at his brother sympathetically. "I'm sorry." Brian looks away feeling ashamed. "It's whatever." Jakobe looks at him. "You sure?" He asks. Brian nods. "Yeah sure. Whatever." Jakobe looks over toward the trees. "I think I saw something." Brian looks at him. "Huh?" Jakobe points past the court. "Over there in the trees." Brian looks over in the trees too. Focusing on his heightened Merman senses. "I see something too." Jakobe nods. "It doesn't look exactly human. It has sort of bluish-grey skin. And really white hair." Jakobe's eyes widen. "Seriously? How is bluish-grey skin possible?" Brian looks at him and rolls his eyes. "Really? You are asking the person who grows a tail after he gets wet if someone with bluish Grey skin can exist." Jakobe shrugs. "True." He chuckles. Brian focuses back on the trees looking at the mysterious figure hidden behind the forest of trees and flowers. "She also has bright green eyes and we better go." Brian looks away quickly, his cheeks flushed. Brian looks and Jakobe and pushes him away from the Basketball court. Jakobe steps one foot in front of him, securing himself. Causing Brian to stop pushing Jakobe. "Why do we have to leave? And how do you know it was a woman?" He asks Brian curiously looking at his brother's red cheeks. He chuckles slightly. Brian rolls his eyes. "It's not funny. We need to go now. She was staring at me. She knew I was looking at her. So she somehow has powers too if she saw me from that distance. You could only see her skin color and hair color. I could see her eyes and....." He takes a deep breath. "...her gills." He shivers. Then Brian blushes again. "And it's definitely a woman because men don't have boobs." Jakobe smirks. "Nice bro." He starts to bump his shoulder and then he realizes the frightened look on his brother's face. "She really was staring at you was she?" Brian looks at his brother. He nods his head. "Yes, she was. And she didn't look happy at all. She looked really mad. Like she was going to chase me." Jakobe flinches. "Wow. I guess we better go then." He shrugs. "Too bad. I was interested to see if you could kick her ass." Jakobe smirks. "And maybe see if she looked better naked than a human woman." Brian looks at his brother annoyed. "I couldn't have. She seemed too strong and too experience in being herself. Whatever she is." He then glares at Jakobe. "And seeing her naked isn't important right now." He demands.