Chapter 29: New Allies! Part 3

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 4, 2019; Dec. 3, 2020, 1 PM)

        Kylie wipes a tear from underneath her eye. "Oh. Wow. Sorry to have doubted you." She apologizes. Brian looks at her and nods. "It's okay. It's no big." He leans over the table and opens his mouth to say something. But is cut off by someone clearing their throat. Everyone looks up from the table to the person interrupting them.

"Matt." Brian nods greeting him. "Thanks for yesterday. You saved our butts." Matt looks at Brian to Jakobe. "Your welcome. Is everything okay here?" He asks looking at everyone at the table. "Yeah. Everything is fine." Brian lies. Kylie stares down at her book, trying not to glare at Matt. Matt shifts his gaze to Nick and nods and Nick nods back. Then he looks to Kylie, noticing her tears. "Everything is not alright." He says furiously. He briskly walks over to Kylie and sits next to her. He tries to look at her face, but she looks away from him. He rolls his eyes. "What did that bitch do to you this time?" He says annoyed. He bangs his fist on the table a few times. "I swear I'm going to kill her." 

Kylie finally looks at him. She loses her breath for a moment, not realizing how deep brown his eyes are and how luscious his hair is. She pushes the thought away. "What are you talking about? No one did anything to me?" She answers him. Matt pushes back a lock of his dark hair behind his ear. "That bitch didn't hurt you again?" He asks her worried. Kylie looks at Brian confused, then back to Matt. "No. Are you talking about the same person who attacked Jakobe and Brian?" Kylie whispers. Matt takes her hand in his. "Yes. But she's not a person. She's a monster. You have to be careful Kye." Kylie slowly takes her hand out of his. "I will. And only my family and close friends can call me Kye. How did you even know that was my nickname?" She scoots back. Matt places both of his hands on the table. "I'm sorry." He apologizes. "Would you believe me if I told you that I am related to King Poseidon and I know more about you and your boyfriend Finn than you think?" He blurts. He cringes. "Sorry, it didn't mean to sound that creepy." Kylie puts up her hand. "I don't know what to believe. And he's not my boyfriend." She sadly sighs. Matt tilts his head at her. "Really? Things sure looked different the other day in the cave." He says. Kylie growls. Matt flinches. "Wow. Okay. Sorry for upsetting you." He shifts his attention to Jakobe, Brian, and Nicholas. "You guys be careful on Moanie and at the park." He looks around him. "And here." He rolls his eyes. "Actually be careful anywhere you go around town. I have no idea where Kleodora is and who she is going to strike next. She may strike one of you again." He informs the group of the mysterious woman's intentions. "She's on land to take her powers back. They were stripped from her when she was banned from King Poseidon's Kingdom decades ago. She's jealous of half-breeds ability to go willingly from land to sea. She's always wanted that freedom since she was replaced by Amphitrite." Kylie's jaw drops. "Seriously. That kind of Greek mythology is true!" She says excited, her mood quickly changing. "And Poseidon and his lovers and wives really do exist?" She asks. 

Matt smiles as he looks back to Kylie. "Yes, it's true. And yes Poseidon really does have a Trident, but he only uses it when he is in an extreme war. Because it has so much power it can permanently destroy most everything that is around the being or object it is focused on if it is used for destruction. It's not a toy and only he and his wives and lovers has the power to use it. If anyone else would get their hands on it." He gulps scared. "They could possibly destroy the Mer-World and possibly the entire world." Matt then comes to a conclusion. "His ex-lovers and wives can use it too!" He gasps.

Kylie gasps. "Wow. That's intense and crazy." She gasps. "Oh no! You don't think this Kleodora woman is going to attempt to steal the Trident for herself to harness her own powers?" Kylie asks Matt worried. Matt looks at her, his eyes red. "I just thought of that. If she somehow she can control it; then she can wipe out whoever she wants." He looks at Kylie. Kylie notices a tear run down his cheek. "Oh no." Matt nods. "Yeah." He looks at his hands. "I can't lose you Kye." He says quietly. Kylie looks at him. "What did you say?" She asks confused. He wipes his eyes and looks at her. "Nothing. I just can't lose my world. The Mer-World is the only thing I have to sanity." Brian looks at him and nods. "Me too. Although I only know Kye. But swimming keeps me sane." Kylie nods. "Same here." She says, still looking at Matt, trying to figure out if he was telling the truth of what he really said. 

"Tomorrow can you guys meet me at Moanie so we can talk more." Jakobe looks confused. Matt shakes his head. "It'll be fine, I can put a cloaking spell on us, so SHE won't know we are there." Brian smiles. "Sweet. You know spells too?" He asks enthused. Matt nods. "I do. All born Mer-Folk learn them." He purses his lips at Brian and at Kylie. Kylie's body heats up with him staring at her. "Although I'm not sure if half-breeds can learn them." He looks back to Brian. "Maybe that's something we can try. I think it could help if it works." He looks back to Kylie. "Can you make sure Finn come too? I need him there also. I need to tell him things about our family." He admits. Kylie flinches. "Yes." She scratches her head. "You guys are related?" She asks. Matt stretches his back. "Yes. Along the family line we are. That's what I need to talk to him about. I have information about his family that will answer a lot of his questions he's had for years." Jakobe gasps. "You don't know about his aunt do you?" He exclaims. Matt looks at Jakobe and shrugs. "I have to tell him first. Sorry. Can't tell you anything." Matt stands up. And then he winks at Kylie. "Oh and I auditioned for Prince Eric." He then walks away.

Kylie's stomach turns for many many reasons. She will definitely need a nice midnight swim tonight.