Chapter 30: Matts's News! Part 2

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 7, 2019; Dec. 4, 2020, 1 PM)

          Matt sighs and looks at the cave pool contemplating jumping in it. Instead, he bends down and decides to simply dip his hand in the water instead. Seconds after he pulls his hand out of the water, his tail begins to appear and his clothes disappear. Finn jumps back shocked. "What just happened! How?" He asks Matt as he is leaning up against the wall of the cave. Matt shrugs. "I was born like this." He answers. Then Matt takes a deep breath. "And so were you Alex Finn Chrisholm." Finn stares at him in shock. "What? No." Finn shakes Matt's words out of his head. "That's not possible. I don't have a tail. And how do you know this? You still never answered my questions." Matt sighs. "Okay. I'll answer the first question." Matt pushes his dark hair back. "I know this because we are cousins." His eyes squint as if he was thinking extra hard. "I think we are 2nd or third cousins. My great-great-grandfather is King Poseidon and your dad was supposed to be a King eventually. You get your birth name Alex from your great-great-grandfather Caspian Alex Chrisholm. He was the King of The Caspian Sea and your dad was going to inherit it after your grandfather passed but...." Matt pauses. "Well, that is something else to explain for another day."

"Are you serious? You are going to drop some serious family drama onto me and not explain all of it right now? You are seriously a piece of work?" Finn rolls his eyes and grunts annoyed. Still laying on the ground in his Merman form stares at Finn. "Yes, I am. Because I assume you bet everyone else here first because you wanted to warn me not to go around Kylie." Matt stares at Finn. Finn tilts his head. "Look at that!" He points at Matt. "Mer-boy finally got something right!" He says sarcastically. Matt rolls his eyes as he hovers his hands over his tail. Finn watches him and his mouth drops. "Did you really just do that?"

Matt stands up wiping the sand off his shorts as he glares at Finn. "I did. That's one of the many things natural-born Mer-Folk can do. But you wouldn't know because you aren't willing to try." Matt tells Finn.

Finn looks at Matt. He holds back some of his anger. "Okay." He grinds his teeth to keep his words from spilling out of his mouth. "So maybe I have just recently come into some weird Merman like abilities, but that doesn't mean I am one. Things are strange on this Island. So who knows what is happening with me." Finn rejects Matt's assumptions. Matt shakes his head frustrated. "You don't want to admit it because of your dad and your family's history of dying around water. And I understand that. But it's your destiny Alex and you need to realize that before Kleodora destroys the Mer-World and our girl." Matt tells Finn.

Finn rolls his eyes and throws his hands up. "Stop calling me by my birth name! I changed it years ago!" Finn spins around to face Matt. "And what do you mean OUR GIRL?" Finn's voice quickly shifts from erratic, to snippy and angry. Matt steps back trying his best not to let his anger get the better of him. "That's another thing I need to tell you."

 Finn huffs. "Another thing?!" "Seriously?!" Finn's face starts to turn red, but then he hears voices from the tunnel entrance of the cave. He slowly gets his breathing under control and looks back at Matt. "Can we talk about this later? I don't want to be upset when they get in here." Finn asks Matt. Matt looks at Finn and nods. "Yes, we can. And Kylie should hear it too anyway. It involves her too." Matt takes his eyes off Finn and faces the tunnel entrance. Finn glares at Matt and slowly shifts his gaze back to the tunnel.