Chapter 31:The Meet Up! Part 2

First Uploaded: November 20, 2019; UPDATED: Dec. 15, 2020, 1 PM)

Matt looks at Brian. "It's not the only thing we have in common." He then looks at Kylie for a second. "But," He puts his hand up. "That's for later." "Right now I want to tell you...." He shifts his gaze to Finn. "Why do you keep calling Finn, Alex?" Kaylee asks genuinely confused and curious. Matt rolls his eyes and holds his breath. He tilts his head to Kaylee, trying to hold back his frustration from being interrupted. "Because that's his birth name." Matt leaves his answer at that and goes back to what he was trying to say before the snobby girl interrupted him. Kaylee, along with everyone else looks confused. "Before I was interrupted...." Matt growls. "I was trying to tell you about Finn's Family Legacy. His great great great great Grandfather is named Caspian Alex Chrisholm Sr. who was King of the Caspian Sea and also the first ruler of the Caspian sea. And the title of King goes down to each male in the family who has the name Chrisholm. Now Alex's...." "Well, Finn's dad" he corrects himself. Finn nods and smirks. "He left that life behind because Elijah, Finn's dad didn't want the bad luck in his family to rub off on him when it came to mer-folk legacies. At age 18, he gave up his Chrisholm Legacy rights at becoming the King of The Caspian Sea and all 50 Islands," Matt pauses. "or the mermaid part of Moanie Island. He relinquished his merman powers and his destiny. And that's how Finn is considered a Merman by birth, has few powers," Finn looks at Matt confused. "But why don't I have a tail? I didn't give anything up." Finn grunts. Matt looks at Finn annoyed. "Not yet. I have powers and abilities. So I don't understand what you are going through." Matt looks at Finn and tries to keep his focus on Finn and not Kylie. He huffs trying to keep his frustration under control. "But I do know, that when a Merman gives up his Family rights, his children don't experience their Mer-Folk abilities until about age 17 to 20. And if that's the case, it's usually triggered by a new love or by one of the Magic Pools Poseidon made." Matt explains.

Finn and Kylie look at Matt and sigh. "Why does this have to be so confusing?" He asks. "Wait did you say a new love?" He looks at Matt. Matt grunts and clamps his mouth shut to keep from saying something he may regret. "Yes." He says. "I wish I'd stop getting interrupted." He mumbles. Finn ignores Matt and looks at Kylie. "So Kylie must have been the reason why I started experiencing all these things." He smiles. "You brought my family's Legacy back to me." He says plainly, realizing that it may not be a good thing. Matt snaps his fingers in front of Finn. Finn flinches and looks away from Kylie back to Matt.

"She's not the reason why you just know are getting your Merman abilities. It's Poseidon's Magic Pool." He says as he points behind him at the cave pool. Finn rolls his eyes. "Seriously. That's the cave pool. Nothing Magi....." Then Finn stops talking, remembering that Matt obviously knows that it can glow. "OK. I guess you know." Matt nods. "Yes, I do. Poseidon placed a spell on that pool of water, the pool at the Crab Shack." He says as he looks at Brian. Brian gasps. "And other pools of water around the world to turn humans into Mer-Folk because the Mer-World is declining and we need other Mer-Folk. Even if that means falsely created Half-Breeds." He says almost out of breath. "Poseidon and Amphitrite have been having visions that the Mer-World may be coming into another war." Matt sighs sadden by Poseidon's recent news.

Brian and Kylie gasp. Before Kylie can say anything, Brian takes a step closer to Matt. "Did they tell you what kind of war and who we are going up against?" Brian asks worriedly. Matt shakes his head. "No. But I have a strong, uneasy feeling that the same person that is after Kylie, Brian, Finn, and I is part of it." Jakobe scowls. "That's not a good thing. She was vicious at the park. And very powerful." Matt nods his head. "She is. But on land, I'm more powerful."

Matt's words swirl around in her head. Suddenly she wonders how he knows so much about the woman. She also wants to know about her and Brian. Kylie raises her hand. "So Finn is a real Merman? Correct? And so are you? And you two are related?" Kylie asks. Matt hesitantly looks at her and nods. "Yes." Kylie sighs. "Wow." Finn looks at Matt. "So what does that make Brian and Kylie?" Matt looks at Kylie and Brian. "That would make you guys Poseidon's Half-Breeds. You guys are created to help keep the Mer-Folk world from going extinct. And possibly help with the upcoming war."

"Seriously!" Everyone looks in Kaylee's direction and just stares at her. "What?" She shrugs her outburst off. "You expect them to be the sole people to save the Mer-World from going extinct? That sounds insane. Why can't you and your precious 'natural born mer-folk' help with that." Kaylee rants as she sarcastically says 'naturally born mer-folk.' Matt looks at Kaylee, refraining from his anger, he sighs. "We are doing the best we can." He says sternly. "Grandfather Poseidon put the spells on the bodies of water to help us, but he did that to mainly help the human race." He says annoyed.

Nicholas looks at Matt and laughs. "You're not making any sense." Matt looks at Nick standing behind Evie. He nods. "Why not?" He says calmer than he sounded for a long time. Perhaps because he was talking to someone who didn't make him want to rip his hair out. Or perhaps Nick was only 12 and is Kylie's brother and if he ever got angry toward him, she'd for sure rip Matt a new one.