Chapter 17: New Feelings! Part 2

(First Uploaded: June 30, 2021 2:51PM Dates Updated:)

               Kylie quickly scoots away from Matt embarrassed and looks up at the person, and her eyes widen and her mouth drops open.

"Ummm....I guess you don't need a date to the back to school dance. I wanted to take you as a friend since your breakup with Jacob was hard on you. But I see you already moved on." Finn says roughly, as he scowls at Matt.

Kylie catches Finn before he goes away. She grabs his arm and turns him around. "I wasn't going with anyone because I'm going with Jakobe and Kaylee. But Mr. Sanders is likely going to cancel it because of the weird things happening." Finn looks at her. "Oh. Okay. And your not with Matt?" Kylie looks at Matt. Matt winks at her and smiles. Then he waves. Kylie shyly looks down at her purple and green flats. She looks back up and waves back and smiles. She looks back at Finn. "No I'm not. We... we had...I don't know..." she pauses. "....a moment. And....he's...." Finn gently presses a finger on her lips. "I wish you hadn't kissed Matt. I wanted to kiss you first." He says taking his finger away and leaning closer. "You already have. The day you and Jakobe almost got in a fight at lunch." She tells him. Finn smiles eagerly. "Yeah." "And that was for show." Kylie looks disappointed. Finn shakes his head. "I mean. It wasn't. Well it was. But I felt something. I know you did too. Even if you were still with Jacob then. I remember, you said Jacob was mad when he found out about the video." Kylie nods. "He was." She shyly looks at Finn. "And I did feel something between us way back then already. I just couldn't let myself admit it. I was still with Jacob." Finn nods understanding.

"Oh, And a few weeks after my breakup with Jacob." Kylie points at Finn and smiles. Finn stares at her confused. "That's the other time you kissed me." She says shyly. Finn tilts his head. "Yeah. You actually initiated it." He nudges her playfully and smiles. Finn winks at her and makes her blush even more.

"I'll help you with the Show Choir Kylie. Maybe you can cast me as the lead male vocalist." Matt nudges her and winks. She jumps, forgetting he was their. She looks and him, her mouth twitching awkwardly. "Thanks. That means so much Matt!" She says excitedly, trying to refrain from looking at him or Finn. Finn looks at Kylie and back to Matt; his face heats up with jealousy as Matt keeps staring at Kylie.

Kylie looks up from her flats and notices the two guys who recently kissed her, are having a stare down. They've been vying for her attention since her and Jacob broke up and since. Before she and Jacob broke up; Finn has been as patient and respectful as he can be. But since she's know Matt; he's been super flirty and persistent. Sometimes too flirty. He really likes to make comments about lips or her legs or how talented she is. He can never mind his own business when she's talking to Finn. Or another guy for that matter. One time Matt interrupted a conversation between her and Jakobe. Then he interfered when she was talking to the young new Math teacher. Matt said he thought Mr.Bethel was flirting with her, but he was giving her extra notes to study for the test.

Matt walks up to Kylie and places a hand on the small of her back. He bends down and whispers in her ear. "Kylie. Can we go back to what we were doing before. We don't have much time before everyone else arrives." He asks eagerly. And places his other hand on her shoulder. Finn tries his best at keeping his anger at bay; but the primal growl that comes out of his mouth seems to spur Matt on. Matt kisses Kylies neck. Kylie laughs. "Heheee." "Stop." Kylie says, her voice sounding more giggly than anticipated. Matt ignores Finn glaring at him and turns Kylie around toward him and kisses her on the lips again. She quickly pulls back, her mouth hanging open. Matt looks at Kylie. "Ready for another one?" He asks moving closer to her.

"STOP!" Finn's lips snarled up, he stares at Matt. Finn clenches his fists trying to keep from punching Matt. "I just thought she wanted another kiss. I wanted to pick back up where we left off on the bench." Matt says, looking at Kylie standing next to Finn. Her face blank and expressionless. "I don't think I gave you enough time to kiss me back earlier." Matt looks at Kylie. She looks up from her shoes.