Chapter 25: Secret Sisters! Part 1

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 1, 2019; June 8, 2020, 3PM)

            "What?" Kylie stares at her soon-to-be step-mom utterly confused. She laughs nervously, not believing her. "That's not possible." Brianna shakes her head. "I know it sounds like it's off a Lifetime Movie, but it's possible." Brianna chuckles. "Actually, there is a Lifetime Movie that sheds a little light on this situation." She says, remembering the movie she watched recently about a teen having two babies by two different fathers. Kylie's eyebrows raise curiously. "Huh? What in sane hill are you talking about?" She asks Brianna in her famous phrase she got from Hannah Montana. Brianna chuckles, adoring her daughter's interesting choice of phrasing. Kylie frowns at her step-mom. Brianna frowns. "Sorry. I think it's funny that you've lived here for what, 8 weeks?" Kylie nods. "And you still choose to use all that bizarre lingo." Brianna laughs. Kylie chuckles. "Well, it's better than not pronouncing half of the words you guys use." Kylie points to Brianna. Brianna puts her hands up defending herself. "Hey! I pronounce most of my words correctly. Remember, I lived in Florida for a good chunk of my life." She reminds Kylie. Kylie sighs. "Yeah. That's right. And my entire life, I've lived to believe I was born there." Kylie says upset and sad. Brianna looks at her, mouth turning into a frown. "I know. We are sorry for that. When your father gets home, we will both tell you why we had to hide it from you." Kylie rolls her eyes annoyed by the stalling. "Why don't you just tell me now. I've had too many people hiding secrets from me lately. And too many secrets of my own and I don't know if I can handle anything else." She admits to her Brianna and herself. Her head seriously can't handle anything else for a while. And her anxiety has been worse than it has ever been, in these past several weeks. Too many lies and secrets will eventually drive her mad.

Brianna looks at her sympathetically. "You know, you can tell me anything. I won't judge." She lets her know. Brianna doesn't want to let her know that she saw Kylie and Finn getting cozy yesterday on the Main beach of Moanie Island. She was on the water on her boat with a few colleagues taking samples of the water around Moanie to see what was driving the fish away. But she saw two people on the beach and was concerned because no one has recently been on Moanie. And she got even more worried when, from the distance, looked like the male was forcing himself on the girl. But after she took her binoculars and inspected more; she soon found out they were simply teens who were having a picnic and as much as she hated to admit it, they were making out. Her stomach dropped when she found out the girl was her daughter. She wanted to drive up to them and stop them from making a mistake, but she didn't want to make it seem like she was spying on them. She kept doing her job instead and prayed to God that her daughter, Kylie wouldn't make the mistake she made.

"Are you okay Brianna?" Kylie waves her hand in front of Brianna's face. "You kinda just drifted off into space." Brianna shakes her head. "Sorry. I was just thinking about how sorry your dad and I am about everything." Kylie nods understanding. She's still totally mad at her but understands how difficult it must have been to keep it from her and Evie. She suddenly wonders if Kaylee knows about any of this. According to the conversation in the cave on Moanie, she didn't. But it seems like everyone is keeping secrets nowadays. So she couldn't count on it.