CHAPTER 44: International Mermaid Day! Part 1

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: Monday JULY 10,2023

        Thursday March 29th,2018(2 months, 3 weeks,7 days.)

( 1 month, 3 weeks, days after breakup with Jacob.)

(Kye and Finn dating = 3 weeks, 3 days)

(Kaylee & Brian dating = 9 days(1 week, 2 days)

The woman keeps looking at Finn. Finn squeezes Kylie's hand uncontrollably. She tries to let go, but Finn's grip is way too strong. She tries to send a wave through him to get his attention, but she doesn't have any luck. He's still too caught up in glaring at the woman. "I think you should go." Kylie says, her voice weak. "This is a group event. And I don't think you were invited by any of us." Kylie says looking around to their friends. Jakobe, Brian, Kaylee, Matt, Lonnie and Evie nod agreeing. Finn looks around and looks down at his hand realizes his hand is cramping up. So he lets go of Kylie's hand.

Finn looks at Kylie for support. Kylie grabs his hand and sends a soothing and encouraging wave of support and Finn immediately gets the courage to speak up. "That's right. You weren't." Finn waves his hand and shoos her away. "Please go. You are interrupting our nice day and I'd like for you to leave us alone once and for all." Finn says, letting go of Kylie's hand and steps closer to the woman. "Go now Gretchen." Finn says sternly.

The woman laughs and playfully traces her finger over his collar bone. "So have you been with anyone else since me?" She smiles at him. Finn grabs her hand and throws it off of his chest. "That's none of your business." The woman looks over to Kylie and smirks. "You'll come back to me. They always do." Gretchen waves her hand at Kylie. "Besides, she's too young for you anyway." She winks at Finn. "You and I know for sure that you have a thing for older women." She giggles flirtatiously. Finn scowls disgusted by her attitude.