Steve

Steve was down in the basement, going through all of his old things Tony had found. His very old things. He stood staring at a pair of dog tags, Bucky's.

"Hey Steve." You said as you entered and saw him hunched over, you caught a small glimpse of what he was staring at.

"Now isn't a good time." He groaned out.

"Steve, I know we don't know each other very well. But I'm here if you -"

"Leave me alone." He cut you off.

"O-Ok, just, if you need something let me-"

"I said leave!" He screamed as he grabbed his shield and threw it at you with force. It slammed into your body as you were thrown against the back wall. You gasped as you fell to the floor with the shield still stuck half way in your torso.

"S-Steve." You muttered out, Steve just stared at you in shock before running over.

"Oh god Y/N!" He shouted as he came over. He knelt beside you and looked at you with a puzzled face.

"I-I'll explain later, p-please just help me." You gasped out as he looked at your body and the lack of body.

"H-How? Y-You should be dead." He muttered as you grabbed his hand.

"J-Just help me!" You managed to shout out as he snapped back to reality. He grabbed the shield and removed it. All that was left was a hole in your body, no blood, no flesh. Just metal. He picked you up quickly and ran into the elevator. He wouldn't stop staring at the wound.

"Steve, y-you can freak out o-once we have Bruce and Tony." You said as he nodded and headed out of the elevator.

"JARVIS get Tony and Bruce to the Infirmary now!" He shouted as he placed you on a bed and stepped back.

"Y/N. I-I'm s-so sorry. I'm so sorry." He said over and over as his eyes filled with tears.

"Steve. It's ok, I'm going to be alright. We have Tony." You said trying to reassure him. Thankfully Tony and Bruce rushed in as they both stared at you in shock.

"Oh for fucks sake, I'll explain later just fucking help!" You shouted before you shouted in pain and your insides began shorting out. You screamed in pain as you grabbed onto Steve.

"Y/N! Tony help her!" Steve shouted as he nodded and snapped out of his trance.

"Wait outside Steve." Bruce said ushering him out, he caught a last glimpse of your pained face.

"Y/N, how the fuck do we knock you out?" Tony said in a panic. As you groaned and reached into your torso pressing two buttons that knock you completely out.

"That's how." Tony said as Bruce and him began to get to work.

3 hours later

Tony stared at you.

"Ok how the fuck do we wake her up?" He said before you shot up in the bed gasping.

"Holy fucking ghost!" He shouted as he jumped back. Bruce instantly settled you down as you laid back down on the bed. Steve came rushing in as he relaxed a little seeing you still breathing.

"Ok, explanation now." Tony said as he crossed his arms and looked at you.

"Tony she just woke up." Steve said before you stopped him.

"N-No it's ok. You guys saved my life, I owe you as explanation." You said as you took a deep breath.

"Well as you all know I was originally in hydra. One day I got into a really bad accident. I shattered my ribs and punctured one of my lungs. So they manufactured artificial ribs and lungs, and someone how my body accepted them really well and I was doing better than before. So they thought 'hey let's take a bunch of stuff out and replace it with artificial stuff and see how long it takes for her to die.' So that's exactly what they did. They were about to replace my heart before you guys found me, I only have my brain and heart left. My eyes aren't even real." You said as they all seemed to be frozen in thought.

"I-I know, I'm a monster. I wanted to tell you, I-I was just so scared you would hate me like this." You said as you began tearing up. Steve sat beside you and gently took your hand as he smiled.

"Y/N, I don't care how much of you is artificial. I've come to know that you pretty well, a-and I love you no matter how much of you is metal." He said as you eyes widened.

"Oh snap." Tony said before Bruce dragged him out leaving you and Steve alone.

"I-I'm so sorry for what I did to you." He whispered as he stood and kissed you forehead.

"Y-You love me?" You asked still in shock.

"Y-Yeah. I should've told you sooner. You don't have to say anything back I just -

You cut him off as you held his face to yours and kissed him.

"I love you too."