Avengers - Wings

"Stark."

"Fury."

They greeted each other face to face. Fury alone and Tony with Steve behind him, they stood in front of a large glass dome that held one single being with black wings. You.

"Who is she?" Steve asked as he looked at you with curiosity in his eyes.

"Y/N L/N. Rescued her from a hydra facility. She can't see from in there." He said as they nodded. Inside the dome was one single bed, and you in the middle looking at your hands. You stood on your wobbly legs and stumbled over to the wall closest to the three men. You concentrated hard on putting on foot in front of the other, trying to keep your balance. You fell over onto you butt and huffed in frustration.

"What is she doing?" Tony asked.

"She's trying to walk, Hydra had her chained up on her knees for who knows how long. By what we have found she was tortured very badly and basically has the mind set of a child." Fury informed them as Steve and Tony nodded along. He pressed a button as the glass cleared and you looked out to see three men looking in at you. You grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around yourself tightly as you looked at them with fear.

"Y/N, this is Steve and Tony they are going to be taking you to a new place. You'll be safer there with them, they will now harm you. Would you like to come out and meet them?" He asked softly as you nodded a little. You stood up careful and held onto anything you could on your way out. Steve came around slowly and smiled kindly.

"Would you like some help?" He asked as he held his hand out to you. You slowly reached out and took his hand as he moved closer to support you more and helped you walked out to where Tony and Fury were waiting. You awkwardly hid behind Steve as you looked over the men.

"Ok, we better get going." Tony said as Steve nodded, you clung onto him as you followed them out into the sun. You put your hand out looking at it in the sun and feeling the warmth on your skin. Steve smiled at you softly as he opened the car door, you folded your wings against your back and cautiously got into the back of the car. Steve and Tony sat in the front, you looked out the window as the car started.

"Racta." You mumbled as Steve turned around.

"What was that?" He asked as you shook your head and closed your eyes.

"N-Nothing master I'm sorry!" You said as you braced yourself for pain.

"Y/N, it's ok. We won't hurt you, you're allowed to speak freely here. And you can just call all of us by our first names." He said as you opened your eyes in shock. He smiled kindly before turning back around. You smiled to yourself and wrapped your wings around yourself.

"Fury said you couldn't talk very well." Tony said as he glanced at you through the rear view mirror.

"H-He was scary, I didn't want to talk." You mumbled as you cuddled into your wings.

"That's ok, Fury is really scary. Don't worry, even I'm scared of him." He said chuckling, you laughed a little with him before looking out the window again. After a few minutes of driving you pulled up to a large tower.

"Wow." You whispered as Steve chuckled, he opened your door for you and helped you out. You instantly pressed yourself closer to him and held onto his hand.

"I-Is it o-ok if I stay c-close Steve?" You asked in a small voice as you looked up to him.

"Of course Y/N, I don't mind at all." He said as he smiled. All of sudden a group of people ran towards you with camera's flashing and people shouting. You clung onto Steve as you whimpered and tried to hide yourself. Steve instantly took his jacket off and wrapped it around you.

"I'll get rid of them, you two go." Tony said as Steve nodded and led you inside quickly. He hurried you inside the elevator as he took his jacket of you, you looked down and sniffled quietly as he hesitantly wrapped his arms around you. You buried your head in his chest as you started crying softly.

"Shh it's ok. You're safe." He whispered as the elevator doors opened. He gently led you out and sat you down at the table, he went and poured a glass of water for you.

"The team will be back later tonight so you'll have some time to settle in." He said as he handed you the glass of water. You slowly drank it as you watched him do small things around the kitchen. He came over with a photo and placed it in front of you.

"Do you know who this is?" He asked as you nodded.

"Soldier." You muttered as he nodded.

"Do you know him?" He asked as you shook your head.

"They always talked about him, but I never met him." You said as he nodded.

"His name is Bucky, he isn't that person anymore. And he lives here, do you think you'll be ok meeting him?" He asked.

"Yeah, as long as he isn't bad anymore. I'm sure he's a good person." You said as Steve smiled.

"I'm glad." He said as you returned his smile. Tony made his way up as he groaned.

"God I hate journalists." He grumbled as Steve chuckled lightly. Tony kissed Steve gently on the lips as you gasped and jumped onto the kitchen bench and watched them.

"You love each other!?" You shouted as Steve laughed and nodded.

"Yes we do." He said as you looked at them with amazement in your eyes.

"What's with the face?" Tony said as he smirked.

"I haven't seen love in so long!" You said as you jumped back down and pushed Tony towards Steve.

"Do it again!" You shouted as you smiled and looked at them with wonder in your eyes. Tony chuckled as he kissed Steve again and you giggled and ran away. You began looking around as you found a couch and a warm blanket laying there, you grabbed it and wrapped it around yourself and curled up on the couch as you closed your eyes.

"I'm going to sleep!" You shouted as Tony and Steve chuckled.

"She settled in quickly."