Barroth

A/N: Thanks as always to qazse for suggesting this monster, as well as giving some reactions!

"Barroth, huh? Sounds pretty close to Barioth, don't you think?" Jaune asked.

"Kind of. Especially since they were discovered around the same time." Razara agreed.

"That must have made things pretty confusing. And I should know, being Ruby, the leader of team RWBY." Ruby said.

"I told Ozpin it would be confusing, or make you sound arrogant, but he didn't listen." Glynda stated.

"Looking back know, I can see how it was questionable. But there weren't many other color names I could come up with." Ozpin defended himself.

A familiar logo of multiple triangles was shown, before Strawfoot's name appeared beneath it. It then opened to the seasoned hunter wandering through the Wildspire Waste of the New World. "Today's research mission again has us exploring the vast region of the New World known as the Wildspire Waste. I'm searching for a Brute Wyvern: the heavily-armored Barroth, often referred to as the Landslide Wyvern." The researcher stated his objective as he moved through a narrow canyon pass. "The Wildspire Waste may look dry and barren, but life here is plentiful and there's enough natural resources here to support a large variety of monsters." Strawfoot assured the audience as he picked a small handful of mushrooms.

"Indeed, one should never assume at first glance life cannot be sustained in any given location. Vacuo is a similarly a harsh desert to live in, but if you can survive there, there is more than enough resources for all." Ozpin said with a smile.

"Yeah, it may not be the paradise it once was before the other kingdoms ruined it, but it's still an alright place as far as deserts go." Qrow agreed.

"If only the other kingdoms could be as accepting as Vacuo, life on Remnant might really be perfect... Well, except for Salem and the Grimm." Blake added.

"I know we'll get there one day, Blake." Yang told her.

"The Barroth is an insectivore. It commonly eats insects such as carpenter ants, hercudromes and bitter bugs. It even sometimes eats larger neopterans, such as the Altaroth and even immature Celtas and Celtas larvae." Strawfoot explained as he continued through the desert, before he was shown kneeling in front of a line of ants that were practically the size of newborn kittens. "These ants are small, but rich in protein. They're one of the Barroth's favorite food sources." He stated, before moving on to continue his search, the sun starting to set. "The Barroth we've been tracking hasn't made an appearance yet. It might be sheltering from the intense dessert heat. Or, more likely, it's been scared off by this Pink Rathian, which has been prowling the area as of late." He explained as he observed a Pink Rathian from a good distance away with a pair of binoculars.

"Something that big only eats bugs?" Coco asked in disbelief.

"It is somewhat surprising, but a number of sizeable animals, including some primates, make certain kinds of insects a large part of their diets. As Strawfoot stated, insects are surprisingly high in protein, which many animals use as their primary source of energy." Penny explained.

"Is no one else disturbed by the fact those ants are practically the size of a kitten!?" Weiss cried out.

"Right here." Emerald said, raising her hand, looking horrified at the insects.

"Well, we saw that those bullet ants in Ant-Man got pretty big." Ruby reminded them.

Upon seeing the Pink Rathian, Nora, Neo, Velvet, Ruby and Summer all loved the pink coloring on the Queen of the Land. "It looks so cute in pink!" Velvet said excitedly.