Malfestio

"Malfestio? That sounds cool." Emerald said.

"And confusion and sleep are both up Emerald's alley." Blake added.

"Yes, I'd say it fits Emerald to a T." Cinder agreed.

"Hopefully it's one of the smaller monsters. We may have some issues at Beacon if all these monsters are 20 meters or longer." Glynda stated.

"That could be problematic." Ozpin admitted.

"I'm working on that. Anyway, let's get this started." Katana said, playing the video. [1]

The deep, dark forest was shown as a blue, white and gold owl was shown sitting in a high tree branch as a man sang about owls, before it changed to some kind of techno remix of some kind as the owl monster looked back and forth, almost looking like it was dancing to the music, before several more clips were shown of owls twisting back and forth on their perch as they heard music, once again appearing to be dancing, one owl even moving its head in a circle as it sat in the grass. The owl monster was then shown again, alongside the sound of a picture being taken as its name popped up beside it: "Malfestio".

Yang, Nora, Coco and Neo found the funky beat catchy and danced in their seats a bit. Ruby, Weiss, Pyrrha and Velvet found the dancing adorable. "It's so cute!" Velvet shrieked.

"I want one!" Weiss cried out.

"Can they really dance?" Ruby asked.

"Well, it's not really dancing. Their hearing is SUPER advanced, so they're moving back and forth to aim their head and figure out exactly where the sound is coming from." Katana explained.

"Hello, my fellow hunters! Today, we discuss Malfestio... the nocturnal bird. I feel like they could've given it a better title. I mean, it's so beautiful and unique and majestic and I want its babies- what did I just say?" Rage asked as Aylia was shown sneaking up on the owl creature as it walked through a very shallow river, getting a small drink and getting out of the water, opening its wings to air them out and get the water out of them.

"It's magnificent. Easily one of the most majestic creatures we've seen so far." Ironwood said.

"Indeed, James. It's quite amazing how such powerful and fearsome creatures have come to make us appreciate nature again in such a way." Ozpin said.

Everyone laughed at Rage's little slip up about wanting Malfestio's babies. "Awkward slip up aside, I wouldn't mind having a baby Malfestio." Weiss admitted.

"Oh I know, can you imagine how cute they'd be?" Ruby asked, then went into day dream mode where Chibi Ruby went through life with a mini Malfestio resting on top of her head like a nest.

"But, it's just the nocturnal bird. But, he is just magnificent! Oh, what a pretty creature! Let's talk, by far and away, my favorite Bird Wyvern and indeed, a member of my top 5 favorite monsters of all time, Malfestio the Jester Owl. Now yeah, on the surface, superficially, it is just as the owl do and indeed, it has a lot of characteristics that is shares with them. Such as eyeballs that are nearly immobile in their sockets, which is why it does the twist-y head, 'I see you!'" Rage explained as Aylia was seen avoiding the attacks of the monster, before a different clip was shown, a heartbeat heard pumping as the Malfestio looked 180 degrees behind it to spot where the noise was coming from.

"Wait, owls can't move their eyes?" Nora asked.

"I didn't know that." Ruby said.

"Well you see miss Rose and Valkyrie unlike us and most animals, an owls eyes aren't spherical but tubed shaped like binoculars. Because of this they can't turn them in their sockets, which is why they're constantly moving and tuning their heads." Glynda explained.