Baruragaru

A/N: Thanks as always to my good friend qazse for help with reactions.

A hunter with a hammer was shown fighting a Velociprey on a black and white film reel. "A blood-sucking monster..." Rage began with an ominous echo as the hunter and Velociprey were blitzed by something too fast to see before everything went black. "A nightmare invading... A terror on the waves... The extinction of species... Be afraid. Be VERY... AFRAID." Rage explained in terror as the beast was shown striking the hunter as well as the Velociprey and their Drome with its tongue, which even appeared to stab and latch into them, before everything went black once more.

A few audible gulps filled the room when they heard this beast was a blood sucker. "I REALLY don't like where this is going. What if it's like a lamprey from the Cave creatures, but GIANT!?" Pyrrha said fearfully, picturing

"Honestly, from the little glimpses we just got, I'd say that's pretty accurate." Jaune said, feeling a bit squeamish.

"Not to mention the part about being an extinction species. That's usually only something you hear about something at or just below Elder Dragon levels." Emerald said in concern.

"And is it attacking with its tongue?! Like some kind of evil chameleon monster?!" Weiss shrieked.

"I mean, we saw Chameleos do that, too, but at least it could whip it around its own body. And I think I even saw that thing STAB one of the raptors with its tongue! That's not normal!" Ilia pointed out, wrapping her arms around the head of her Chameleos, greatly preferring her monster's tongue attacks to that of this new monster.

The hunter was now armed with a sword and shield as he ran up on the monster as it stood before the carcass of a small monster, its tongue impaled into it. But oddly enough they also heard the sound effect of a person slurping through a straw. "Hello, my fellow hunters and welcome today as we talk the Blood-eating Wyvern, Baruragaru. This is- I mean, where do I begin? He is honestly in contention for just- most purely terrifying monster- definitely creepiest and 100% the goriest. He is all about blood. I mean- literally, HE CAN FIRE A BEAM OF IT!" Rage declared as the hunter and monster began to fight, before he then showed a picture of the monster shooting the blood beam he just mentioned.

However, this terrifying intro was quickly ruined by the sound of slurping through a straw. This caused several less mature students to burst out in laughter. "Okay, of everything I WAS expecting, that was NOT one of them!" Coco giggled.

"I know, right? No matter how menacing you are, you CANNOT be scary slurping from a straw!" Yang laughed.

"Reminds me of Raven back in our Beacon days. Boys would come up and try to flirt with her and she'd tell them to 'get lost or die', then start slurping from a milkshake. They looked at her like she grew a second head!" Qrow chuckled at the memories.

"Yeah. The creepy vibe is just DEAD now. All I can picture is this thing holding a big gulp, drinking from a straw." Ruby said, giggling a bit herself.

"You guys, it's probably drinking the blood from those poor raptors!" Velvet told them.

"Exactly! That straw is draining those things of the blood they can't live without!" Summer agreed, almost in disbelief that her family could be so oblivious.

"But wait. It's using its tongue on them. Does that mean it's drinking their blood WITH ITS TONGUE!? That's so gross!" Neo shrieked. This managed to bring the sense of dread back...

... At least until the blood beam was fired. "That is the most metal thing I have ever seen!" Qrow said in awe.

"It's morbid, but it's so cool!" Ruby cried out.