Uragaan

A/N: Another thanks to qazse for suggesting this episode and for some reactions.

"Now before we begin I'd like to point out that if it wasn't for Kirin, this would also be Nora's ideal monster." Katana declared.

"Really, why?" Nora asked curiously.

"Just watch and see." She told the hammer wielder.

"Ooh, a mystery." Blake said eagerly. After romance, detective novels were among her favorites.

"Sun and Neptune would leap at the opportunity to solve it." Emerald said, rolling her eyes at the thought of those goofballs.

An older, but still familiar version of Strawfoot's intro began, showing his symbol of multiple triangles carved in stone. "Today's research mission takes us deep into the volcanic heart of the Elder's recess, in search of the heavily-armored Brute Wyvern known as Uragaan." Strawfoot declared as he sat in his tent, before bracing himself for the hunt ahead and got back to his feet. He was then seen through a different area of the mountain. "Newly hatched Uragaans are found in forest ecosystems and feed exclusively on plants and tree leaves. Once an Uragaan reaches maturity, it migrates to the nearest volcanic region and begins feeding on mineral rich stone and ore. At this stage in its life, it gives up feeding on plant life entirely." Strawfoot explained as he finally spotted the beast from a cliff a good distance away from the monster, before it quickly curled into a ball and rolled away from sight, forcing him to jump down and chase after it.

Everyone, especially the intellectuals, was shocked to hear about its diet. "Volcanic rock?! Th-that's insane! They'd have countless highly toxic, sulfuric gases in them!" Glynda said in disbelief.

"Well, Katana did mention Kushala Daora can eat ore as well. Perhaps some monsters have an affinity for it, just as some animals are immune to the poison of others." Ozpin suggested.

"Still, it's quite the strange dietary transition from plant matter to rocks." Penny noted.

And everyone was left in absolute disbelief when the creature curled up into a ball and rolled away. "Whoa look at him go! Big guy sure knows how to get around." Yang said, impressed.

Ruby snorted at this. "Pfft- Hahaha! It's like a metal roly-poly!" She laughed.

"Ya know, that's both funny and adorable." Velvet admitted with a smile.

"The Uragaan, often referred to by hunters as the Burst Hammer Wyvern. Especially adapted to life in the volcanic regions of our world and is one of the few monsters capable of digesting volcanic rock. The adult Uragaan uses its heavy, hammer-like chin to crush rocks and crystals before feeding on them. This rock crushing behavior causes stone and mineral to bind to the hot surface of the Uragaan's chin. As a result, the Uragaan's rock crushing hammer grows larger as the Wyvern ages. Scholars speculate that it might be possible to determine the age of an Uragaan based on the layers in its chin." Strawfoot explained as he circled the creature to observe it as it knelt down and rested.

Everyone was fascinated how it develops its massive chin. "Incredible. For minerals to bind to its surface in such a fashion is unthinkable. But amazing." Winter said.

"And at least we have a way to age them now. That will likely speed up researching them." Pyrrha stated.

"That could also mean if they eat Dust, they'll expel elemental gas. Or if its stuck in their chin... I don't even want to know how they'd use that." Hazel said in concern.

"Does that chin remind anyone else of Thanos?" Cinder asked, half the crowd shocked and disturbed by the comparison, the other half laughing.

"I could totally see Thanos smashing stuff with his chin." Jaune agreed.