Malzeno (Part 2)

Cyra was observing Malzeno from a distance once again. "So, obviously, Malzeno is incredibly dangerous and aggressive and should be avoided at all costs, but like I said, this is due to the influence of the Qurio, so you might be wondering, what would Malzeno be like WITHOUT the Qurio? Well, for that we must look no further than the Legend Resurrected, Primordial Malzeno." The Sapphire Star exclaimed as a new version of Malzeno was seen looking down at Cyra and Fiorayne.

Everyone was in awe of this new species of Malzeno. "It's beautiful. So majestic and it's not giving off dangerous predator vibes like the first one." Blake said, amazed.

"I'd say it's an improvement over the original. It almost looks divine. Or like royalty, at least." Weiss said.

"It almost looks like a knight in armor compared to the first one." Jaune noted.

"It certainly does look bulkier and sturdier." Pyrrha said.

"I am confirming a significantly higher percentage of armor plating and muscle mass." Penny confirmed.

Cyra observed this new Malzeno closely while staying crouched to go unnoticed. "So this Malzeno is a Variant of the normal one, although its a similar situation to Red Khezu: red being how they normally are, but the white one being much more common, so it's considered the standard, Primordial Malzeno is how a Malzeno looks when it was first born into the world, only becoming the way a standard Malzeno is once it bonds with the Qurio, but Primordial is considered the Variant because, unfortunately, it's so much more common to see a Malzeno that HAS bonded with the flying leeches. And, as of yet, we do not know if a Malzeno will return to being a Primordial Malzeno if separated from the Qurio for long enough." Sai explained as his daughter continued to tail the Variant.

Unfortunately, this news brought the mood back down. "Why!? Why is the ORIGINAL version so much less common?!" Velvet wept.

"Because of those cursed Qurio, that's why." Pyrrha growled, wishing she could use the flying leeches as target practice.

"And that means that so many young Malzeno get forced into being hosts for those monsters. They barely get a chance at life before becoming slaves for those leeches!" Summer said sadly.

"Katana? Can we please get a training hunt where we just chase down and kill Qurio?" Ruby requested.

"I mean, you COULD, but you wouldn't really gain much experience from that." The hostess said.

"But we'd gain the satisfaction of wiping out those disgusting leeches." Ruby declared in a surprisingly dark tone.

The different features of this new Malzeno were now focused on as Cyra observed it. "So, while still the same creature, Primordial Malzeno is about as different from the original as you could imagine. Instead of the dark, sinister colors of the normal one, Primordial is a beautiful shining silver with golden edging, with much more and much thicker plating than the original to replace the Qurio, almost resembling armor, giving it a more knight-like appearance as opposed to the normal's vampiric one. And the ominous red is replaced by a gorgeous bluish-purple and its horns are far less twisted. And it's much larger and more muscular, giving it a much sturdier appearance to the toothpick that is normal Malzeno." The host listed off the changes as Cyra now backed off to a safe distance.

"Yeah, I'm liking this look a lot better. That silver-y white matches the gold so well. Plus that bluish-purple is just GORGEOUS!" Coco said in awe.

"I like the less twisted horns. I know it's a small detail, but they just look way better all straight like that." Yang noted.