Beasts Below

The video began to reveal something seemingly impossible, small sailboats and even a giant ship sailing through the desert sands. "The endless sands... The scorching dunes... What lies below becometh your doom. The beating sun, the shifting Earth... you better run for all your worth!" Rage declared as a man on the main ship alerted the hunter next to him of something massive behind them.

The group was both amazed and puzzled as they saw how the hunters were traversing the desert. "Are they sailing ships... Across sand?" Ironwood asked in disbelief.

"Well, it's certainly an inventive way to travel." Ozpin said, unsure of how else to respond.

"B-but that's impossible! The boats would have to have some kind of skids, but the friction on them would keep the boats grounded in place without absurdly high winds. And even then, the friction would eventually destroy the skids!" Glynda said frantically as she struggled to make sense of what she saw.

"Now even the humans are breaking physics!" Penny whined, holding her head as he processors threatened to overheat.

The students, meanwhile, were in awe of this. "That looks so cool!" Jaune said with stars in his eyes.

"That would be so awesome! I wanna do that! I'd be Nightmare Nora! The most feared pirate queen in all the desert!" Nora declared.

"I'm totally in! Especially if we wear Angry Aaron clothes!" Yang said.

"Yeah!" Nora cheered.

The hunter turned with a start, an exclamation point even appearing above his head as he turned to see a gargantuan whale-like creature breaching out of the sands behind them, letting out a massive roar as it came crashing down on top of them, mouth wide open to devour them and destroy their ship. The beast then slammed down on the ship. "YO, HOLY SHIT! HE DED!" Someone screamed as the beast crashing down resulted in an explosion of sand.

Then, several of them jumped clean out of their seats when they saw the massive behemoth erupted from the sand. "Holy crap!" Several of them shouted.

"It's massive! It's at least the size of the ship, if not even bigger!" Winter said in disbelief.

"It has to be at least as big as Gogmazios." Cinder said, shocked.

"A good bit more than double it's size, actually." Katana said, leaving them absolutely floored.

Then, they heard the "HE DED!" line and, despite how dark it is, several couldn't help but laugh. "I mean, he's not wrong. I don't see anyone getting out of that in one piece." Qrow said.

"And if you weren't dead from THAT, I guarantee you'd be wishing you were." Roman added.

"Those poor sailors..." Velvet said sadly.

"Still, what exactly was that?! It went by so fast, all I could tell is that it was HUGE!" Neo cried out.

"Yeah, I'd bet you'd just be a tic tac to something like that." Emerald teased, much to the former mute's annoyance.

"We'd all be little more than a potato chip for something that big. Neo being shorter has nothing to do with it. Against something like that, there's nothing any one person can do." Hazel stated.

Another large ship was then shown sailing through the sands. "Hello then, my fellow hunters! Today... we're gonna go hunt a whale! It's Jhen Mohran, who is quite the unique little be- I say little, he's fucking enormous! One of the big, eclectic set piece fights, ala Zorah... But, you know, he's more entertaining than watching a picture of grass growing drying. Now, while I have touched- very briefly- on the Jhen's before, I've never really given them the proper spotlight." Rage explained as the creature rose up beside the massive sailboat, swimming alongside it for a ways, before completely breaching out of the sand, almost like a dolphin.