Duremudira

A/N: Thanks to my friend qazse as always for reaction ideas.

A hunter with a longsword delivered a slash to a giant blue, icy Elder Dragon, supposedly bringing the monster down. "When you think that you've won. And that there's not left to be done. Well, then I suggest you run. Because it's just not true. And a world of poison descends upon you!" Rage warned with an ominous echo to his voice as a freezing purple mist made it impossible to see, before a massive ice meteor descended in the center of the arena, everything going black.

Everyone was left in shock and awe at the opening, especially the students. "Whoa... That was epic. And kinda terrifying." Coco said.

"B-but how?! That doesn't make any sense! If they slayed the monster, how can it cause this 'world of poison' he speaks of! That should be impossible!" Weiss exclaimed.

"Ooh! Maybe it has a self-destruct feature like a robot, only instead of an explosion, it's poison!" Nora theorized.

"But that makes no sense! Why would an animal have a feature that destroys them?! And how would any body processes even work after they die?!" Weiss questioned again.

"Actually, she's onto something here. There are actually QUITE a few insects that explode as a form of self-defense. And some of them only activate after they die, like if they get crushed or something. And plenty more animals have functions that still work after they die, like jellyfish or stonefish, you touch their poison parts even after they die and you'll INSTANTLY regret it." Emerald added.

"And don't forget pufferfish. It may be a delicacy, but if the chef slips up even a little when making it, it's curtains for you." Cinder added, remembering when the Madam tried adding pufferfish to the menu at the Glass Unicorn. The lawsuits ALMOST got the place shut down, ALMOST letting Cinder be free of her adopted family, but they still managed to scrape by, just having to remove the fish from the menu. [1]

A group of hunters were fighting the dragon together now. "Welcome, my fellow hunters, as today we talk an Elder Dragon of mysterious might. Some say he is a creations wrought deep in a lab, a horror given breath. Some say he hails not of this Earth. Some say he is a conqueror claiming a new home." Rage explained as the fight continued with the dragon bounding around the arena, the ground freezing underneath him any time he set foot upon it.

"Well, those are all quite the theories." Summer said, slightly disturbed by all of those prospects.

"The idea of it being created in a lab is quite interesting... but also has a number of disturbing implications." Penny said, unnerved.

"It means someone was trying to play god... And it seems like they created a devil." Winter agreed, equally unnerved.

"Things like this is why genetic and/or organic experimentation is illegal." Ironwood added in concern.

"Quite. We saw the horrors of such things first hand from Dr. Merlot." Glynda said in disgust.

"I kind of like the idea of it being an alien wanting to conquer the planet. It sounds like an epic sci-fi movie!" Ruby exclaimed.

"Yeah, I like that idea, too. 'Cuz that means I'd get to kick an alien conqueror's butt!" Yand declared, fantasizing about her standing on top of a battered and bruised Duremudira, wearing her aviators with a Vale flag planted on the ground in front of her like an action hero.

But now, they finally got a good look at the beast. "Well, this beast is quite the impressive sight." Adam said, impressed.

"Yeah, I'd say it's pretty badass... if it wasn't so terrifying!" Jaune exclaimed in fear.