Chapter 33 - Locked Away

August 27th, 2026. 12:45 

It's been some days since the successful rescue of the Navigators, and G.o.D Squad from the Earth Warriors. News of the rescue has since turned up the tide of battle for Humanity's side, but at the same time, the presence of a third force coming in the form of the Agents puts the high command on high alert on the potential of hostile non-Inquisition Humans coming after them.

And ever since then, the combatants were given a few days of rest so they can properly recover from the wounds and scars sustained in battle. It is said that a handful of pills and ice cubes are needed to speed up the recovery, but one's wounds cannot be easily mended just on the flesh, less it takes notice on the mind of the survivors.

In a lounge room located near Sylvester's office, most of the Earth Warriors are present in the room, with their own news to settle to watch on their phones or talking with family members away from home. Sylvester also has several of his subordinates and doctors present with him. Jack turns to Sylvester as he interacts with a sergeant.

"Hey Sly, have any of the old fellows recovered yet?"

"They have, physically, but most are too busy comforting each other or too silent to accept any invitation here."

"Well, guessed as much." Jack shrugs as he swipes the screen of the phone with his thump, checking the news. Headlines such as: "The Navigators delivered safely thanks to UEF Operation" and "Economic downturn may limit PMC services on contested zones" are the most notable ones. Lucy sees the news alongside him while spinning a knife from the handle.

"Limit their services? They're expensive enough already for thes guff," she says slyly.

"What about the weapons that they'll no longer be needed for in combat? That doesn't sound too reasonable to me. Well,  at least since these poor boys are way overworked already." Eddie laughs as he observed what they said about it.

"Ed, mercenaries are cold-hearted enough to not even feel their brains aching for being outside for far too long," Jack replies.

"Hey, don't get me wrong, I know these sons of bitches can pull up real hard these times, but it just got me thinking if the nations want an alternative from the Euro approach, ya know, not hire them in the first place. Well, damn Americans and Aussies just want to loosen up some cash, because this may as well be the mother of all contracts that their next line of sight is the almighty unemployment line. You get what I mean?"

"Nah, the naughty dogs think these greatly great tactics can win them over. Just some goodie good magic is what they need for this!" Tany replies as he leans close to Ed. He steps back for a bit for this.

"I...get your point, girl. As long it doesn't involve any chocolate rain of yours." Jack chuckles briefly, he knows from the experience very well.

"C'mon, even a nice Brit with such outlandish intellect is enough to provide company for ya."

"Nice enough?" Seiner interjects.

"Don't deny it, kiddo."

"Y'know that I could mix this gun with freezing canisters to shut that mouth of yours cold."

"Alright, cool it down, everyone! Keep it friendly, less you start blasting for getting on your nerves on something that may be a reality...or maybe not."

Seiner scoffs as he turns away back from them. All of them chuckle for a bit as they continue with their leisure time except with Tany who pouts as she crosses her arms, and turns away from them. 

Seiner then sees Amira, staring at the window all on her own. She sees Logan training with his sword outside, pulling the same moves as the other night, but with this time, with direct control in his movement as the grip of the sword remains with him while shirtless. Each move now has a fair and just strike in every one of them, almost like with the mind at ease. And yet, Amira's face remains stiff as her posture, even with the cool breeze by her side.