Chapter 44 - Clashing Ideals

September 7th, 2026. 17:05

Back in Area 51, there is a room that has two beds, a computer, a table, a wardrobe and a bookcase. On the bookcase, there are many stashed books of many kinds, from novels, guides, and even comic books.  There are two doors leading out of it. One leads to the outside and the other one leads to an unknown area. The latter door is closed.

On the bed on the left side, Rioso is reading a comic book with a frown on his face. It's a scene with a caped man holding his beloved in his arm, all while raining around him. Mora is on the computer checking data on certain things, like weather forecasts, recent news from FN under the Zlocu, plus some tweets about the recent course of the war.

"It feels so strange not having any responsibilities, isn't it?" he says.

"I can feel your boredom, Rioso," Mora comments. Rioso sighs as his hands clench the comic book.

"The only thing I want to do right now is go out there and...see the world, you know? Like, see if there's more cool stuff like this thing they call a 'comic' book," he admits.

Mora looks at him for a moment, with a wide look in her eyes as she pauses her typing on the computer. "You have your orders."

"I mean, the pictures in the comics...the pictures are so damn awesome, it's like they are alive, they are so damn awesome! The details on the costumes, the faces, everything. I wanna see if there's more. Maybe Humans do know what to create other than violence after all."

"Maybe, but you're probably giving the Humans too much credit, Rioso. We have our own culture, our own history, our own art, and like all other species, traveled to the wider stars. Humans only barely touched their own moon. You just need to be flexible," Mora replies.

"Yeah, but it's not easy when there's new stuff to see around this planet, you know?"

"Yes, but look at this." She points at the numerous headlines from the sites she's checking out. "'Anti-War protests', 'Blocked congressional vote', 'Stolen Weapons' and so forth. In times like this, they won't be so keen on answering your questions, and it's astounding that some people from this country would block actions that could help their side. For some reason, they just hate the ruling government that much. How petty can they get?"

"I guess you're right. It's kinda sad, you know, how some people can get so blinded by their own hatred and prejudice. They don't see all the other stuff happening around them. All they see are the bad things and the good things; then they jump to conclusions. Even with us around, they still think that stopping themselves from doing anything just for something minor or something."

"That's because they're blind. And, don't forget, we can't help everyone, Rioso. Not all Humans will accept us, and not all Humans will join us. Just remember that we have to take care of ourselves first, and that we can't save everyone." Rioso sighs as he puts the comic book down. 

"I know...but I wish it could come to something much simpler for them. Something that doesn't involve fighting and wars, you know?" He looks at the ceiling as he thinks of the Human world. "I hope they'll be okay once this ends, one way or another..."

"I'm sure they'll be, Rioso. This may sound risky but under the guidance of a power other than the Zlocu they deserve a wise voice compared to the Kujar."

"Sis! You think nobody would catch you saying that?! You might just have gotten yourself killed, you know?" he says.

Mora laughs and pats his back. "Don't worry, brother, I know what I'm doing."

He sighs and returns to his seat near the bed. "If only they'd realize that."

A few minutes after that, the door to their room opens. It shows a Zlocan Knight, rifle and all, as he stomps his foot, loud enough to make the twins turn around and see him.