Chapter 106 - Click, Click, Boom!

Roughly around the same time. Los Angeles. Bank Tower. 

The city remains as restless as ever. 

Ever since the news of the fall of the fortress, a larger round of reinforcements from the Pacific arrived, ranging from extra Knights to strengthen the units around the city, a handful of cybernetic creations both to intimidate and experiment on the dissidents, mechas and tanks of varying sizes and firepower to provide the shield for the city, starcraft and hover-ships to patrol every corner of the sky even if in the most minor of intrusions, and so forth. A state of total Zlocan control is at hand. 

And yet, it remains to be seen if it's a matter of time before they brought in the appropriate amount of troops and equipment needed to defend the last bastion of the Zlocan ideals in one of the biggest American cities, or is it doomed to be dethroned from their place, and be returned to their rightful owners who were long robbed of a city renown for many things that many people can feel pride for it. As usual in wars, so many lingering questions in restless minds, yet so little time to prepare for the answers. 

The answers may not be what they may be looking for even. 

Deep inside the bank tower in the heart of the downtown, as the living beings head to their own stations, Human and Zlocan alike, whether it's to report on the latest incidents or deploy to the next combat zone in the name of the Kujar, active movement is always present when it comes to the biggest of emergencies in desperate times like this one. All save those jailed on the top floors, awaiting any order the Zlocan give to them regardless of their skill or not. 

In one of the rooms, the one where the rebellious quartet are in, things would take a distant turn as Amanda stares at the door with some darkened eyes while Salim checks and disassembles the phone while taking out certain devices, with Marcello overlooking the downtown with a shirtless Eron sitting on the couch, looking down as thoughts run through his mind. 

"You know, this is kinda one of the shittiest ideas you had to plan out like this," Amanda says without glancing at Salim. 

"Well, you know it's kinda those things that one if it's some Hollywood trick or not, but playing an actor on both sides can work well," Salim replies while taking out a blinking device from the back of the phone. 

"She's right, Salim... We can't go sneak in the city while you risk yourself like that with the enemy," Eron replies while taking some deep breaths. 

"Hey, it happens if you want to humiliate the enemy even further than just all four trying to make a stand," Salim replies while trying to smile for a bit. 

"And what if the ruse is discovered, Mister Salim? Then the losses would be even greater for both the UEF and all the rest, all for mere foolishness," Marcello says without glancing around to face them. 

"Ruses have varying degrees of cover-ups and fuck-ups, Marcello. And even the smartest of Zlocs may need to study what I am for a while." This makes Amanda scoff for a bit while glancing around the room. 

"It's been some days already and we still have barely sleep due to what they send us to and for how goddamn humid it is. Like, why not simply take it from here?" Amanda says while clenching her fists and holding on to the wall on the left. 

"But the more I can know by playing in their favor, the more I can give you the weak spots. Hence the need for some 'temporary' separation," Salim replies once more. This makes Amanda suppress a cough from her. 

"Oh I'm sorry, 'playing in their favor'? Wouldn't that technically makes us your prisoners?" Amanda says while raising an eyebrow. 

"Yep, all three of you. But don't worry, with what I have, I'll be sure to keep in touch with you."