Chapter 21 - A Choice That Matters

August 22nd, 17:00 p.m PST

The city of Tijuana has fallen once more. The sounds of gunfire have stopped as the Zlocan Knights round up the remaining rebels who tried to fight until their last breath. They tried their best to secure their home, a precious place for their families, one shared with a border of a fellow nation that could have helped them out.

Unfortunately, the Zlocans have taken up most of the advantage...at least for now.

Back on Libertad neighborhood in the school, some surviving rebels are crawling around the playground inside, looking for a safe zone from the chaos. They keep crawling while holding on to their exposed parts sustained from the battle. As excruciating as it can be, they still hold on for the best, just to stay alive. Not just their body, but their spirits as well.

That is, until a Knight stomps one of them with his boot. Hard enough to crush the man's skull and head in many pieces, leaving chunks of oozing liquid around the decapitated head.

The other rebel shakes up heavily as his eyes squint from the messy sight of the corpse. He's trembling so hard he can't even speak, and soon knows why as he looks towards a man with blue spiked hair, with freckles around the nose, white leather pants, white titanium body-armor, red heavy gloves equipped with red spiked braces. Near the larynx area lies a long and broad scar, almost looking like a replaced skin that is easily noticeable.

And with his right arm, he carries a pilot helmet, one used by helicopter pilots to be exact.

"Not you...Vladimir the reaper..." says the injured rebel as he continues to tremble.

It turns out that Vladimir is accompanied by Raven and his Inquisitors.

The sight is too much for him to bear, shedding many tears from what he's witnessing, the closest thing to the gatekeepers of the underworld.

Just as he tries to escape, a loud bang blows his left eye off, leaving a huge hole that splatters red liquid across the ground.

The gunshot comes from none other than Jason himself, looking all battered, bloodied, with a smile on his face.

"Now that's some rigorous workout..." he quips as he steps out outside, seeing the massive destruction the abandoned building from the other side has taken. Now, most of the rebels are being taken as prisoners, taken into parts unknown with their hands on their head as they're escorted by the Zlocu.

"Another job well done from the Inquisitors, especially from our good little pilot here," Jason says as he points towards Vladimir. He simply nods while smirking from his response.

"And now, here are some sweet people to look forward to having a chit-chat, that is, if they speak English that is."

Being escorted outside are the three notable rebels who partook in the attempted uprising. Amanda, the old man and Laureano all look battered up and bruised up, some parts of their faces swelled up from aggressive action and lots of cuts found in their bodies.

Whatever happened, it was something out of their control.

Yamja then approaches them, slowly observing each of them who are on their knees while looking down at the ground. She usually likes it when people are in her grip, almost like one precious toy to enjoy.

"Your people really thought that a strike like this will easily beat us? You poor humans in here are so very naïve and dumb, isn't it? What a shame, I really, really thought that your kind of warriors was competent enough to defeat us, but I guess that was hyperbole after all," Yamja says.

"Yes, they have defeated us on this day, but I'm pretty sure...you won't survive the second liberation..." Laureano says while still looking down.

"But with what?"