Chapter 133 - Rage

2 hours later. 

The sun still radiates above the sky, yet no warmth can be felt from it, not in these times. The streets are nearly devoid of any sign of life, nothing but bodies with torn flesh, wreckages of cars in almost every corner with varying degrees of burnt metal, as well as various types of animals lying around between the sidewalks, roads, benches or even near the doors of houses. Only the fewest of living beings that are not the Zlocu or the Enforcers remain, ones who rather remain shrouded in the deepest darkness they can find in every zone, whether it's a building or an item. 

It's come to the knowledge of many how sometimes one's struggle may be another's favorable position, and if said unbalance is dared to be reshifted, then every measure is taken to be kept that way. Given the state of South LA for many years full of marginalization and division, many could say that this division by the Zlocu is merely an enhancement of what's already there. But for others, many wonder if the new ones who struggle are even those who work for the Zlocu, regardless of their rhetoric and other statements. 

But do they know about it? 

Any private thoughts of how they wish to inflict any unimaginable thing on those who joined the "other"? 

Maybe. 

Yet this is something that they do not want to talk about. 

As the main quartet walk through the streets, they all do it without any word being uttered at the moment. Not even the chatterbox that is Tany, who doesn't even smile at them as they approach the zone where the Reborn and hostages are said to be located. She wants to do everything that can lighten up their minds after what they have seen, what they have witnessed. 

But even so, she is well aware that there is a risk that could set off their minds at the wrong time possible, something she doesn't want like this. 

Not when there is the risk that both Logan and Amira dread the most ever since being stationed in South LA. 

The risk of senseless deaths. 

The risk of wasted lives. 

From this point, it's when Logan and Amira will stop at nothing to prevent those, no matter what it can take and no matter the offer that's told to them in any circumstance whatsoever. 

Both Logan and Amira take a left turn in the street, stepping aside from a barrier of two cars that crashed with each other, with Seiner and Tany following suit. Seiner in particular uses his tablet that shows him a bird view of the plaza where the hostages are held. A drone's view to be exact. With this in mind, Seiner walks a bit closer to Logan as he leans near his shoulder while showing the tablet in front of him. 

"It's only a few miles ahead, so it's best if we can use a distraction as you swoop in," Seiner says. 

"Please do, Seiner. Everything must be done if it means to accomplish this," Logan replies in a near whispery tone without turning around to face him. Seiner merely sighs in response as he heads closer to a corner with a road leading to the plaza. 

"Look man, there's no point moping about this, but..." But just as Seiner is about to continue, a barrage of missiles is heard from the right side, heading right to their position. Tany leaps into their side as she raises her staff high above her head. 

"Varriar Shield!" From this spell, a blue shield of energy forms around her as well as the other Warriors. As the missiles impact right in front of them, Tany flinches a bit as she musters her strength to maintain the shield up as much as possible while the rest of the teammates duck under it. 

The smoke clears up steadily as Tany lowers the shield while keeping her staff close to her chest, where there's now the sound of jet propulsion that's descending. A chuckle is faintly heard as well as the figure responsible from the strike reveals themselves.