Chapter 86 - Aerial Rave

1 hour later. Near the Pacific Ocean. 

As the clear blue sky still shines through the sun's rays around it, it's accompanied by a sea of deep blue as well, it's like the water feels like one seen in the twilight instead of dawn aside from the occasional cloud. With an air that feels cool yet still warm enough to keep any mechanic object going in the sky, it's almost like it's the perfect corridor to pass through a clean passage in any part of the US through that sea in the way, even though wartimes disrupt those plans as well. 

But on this occasion, there are far more important matters to deal with than just a mere vacation at hand. 

Four planes fly overhead in the sky, followed by a bigger cargo plane with shining material that is enough to reflect the sun rays around it, as well as another big plane flying above them, all of them flying eastward in what it looks like to be an endless line. On closer inspection, we can see that those planes are quite in fact, those that belong to the mighty Crusaders, with Seiner's Chrome plane and the AWACS to accompany them. 

"They must have picked the wrong time to send their supplies to California today, isn't it?" Seiner asks through the intercom. 

"Even if it was the wrong time, it's still a vital one for the Zlocu's cause in the US, since they carry the bulk of the most experienced Zlocan troops to be deployed, hence the big aerial assault that was just carried out by the UEF," Rosa replies, all while holding the handle of her plane in check. 

"And you have to hold up tight now,  it's down to the wire because the Zlocan also deployed all available reinforcements to protect the transports from not just their bases in Los Angeles, but also from other parts of the Pacific occupied by the Zlocu as well.  In order words,  both of us are setting our hopes too high in counting the maximum firepower of all available force deployment all because of the transports," Luana replies as well, still carrying her usual routine in the way she interacts with the squadmates. 

"This is creating a big snowball effect of what could be the mother of all air battles on Earth and is spiraling out of control. Hence why we were called into the furball, you know," Mariama says as well, her stone as firm as ever while staying in formation with her squadmates. 

"Maybe we can expect a good time to show what we Humans are capable of, don't you think? To see what we can do our creations in times of need and such," Andreas says. 

"It's not just about the tech or the material, it's about the user who commands the vehicle and who puts their soul into work. Keep it in mind," Seiner answers while followed by a slight chuckle. 

"Alright, we're nearing the AO in around four minutes, all teams, ready your weapons, cuz we're gonna scare the living daylights out of them!" With those words, the planes accelerate their engines to maximum capacity, enough to leave trails of white and pink dust behind them from the exhausts up in the sky as they head to the mother of all furballs. One that would surely test the worth of Humanity itself in the skies they so yearn to conquer for far too long in their existence. 

*** 

In the middle of the ocean, the sounds of gunfire, explosions, missile fire and blaster surround the zone like one cacophonic barrier of noise between the warriors of the skies, planes like F-22s, Rafales and even MiG-30s fly around in many corners of the sky, trying to chase or chase off any Zlocan starfighter that is present in the area, as well as some human planes from the Inquisitors like some F-16s, Mirages and J-20s. It's one battle that raged for some hours, and yet it is enough to gather the entire manpower of their aerial forces, already pushing themselves to the limit to carry out the next steps of their plans, as trails of both the exhaust engines and the missiles, as well as the smokes from downed planes and explosions, fill up the air space.