Chapter 26: To Be Like A Human?

F.O.B Jefferson, Earth Warriors' quarters. 10:10

Inside the quarters where the Earth Warriors are, Logan is on the bed with his red-shirt, black jeans and bare feet, staring distantly into the window outside with his arms behind his head, his eyes as slacked like an abandoned doll, left to rot for many years. All alone with his own feelings by himself, surrounded by the cool around the room which envelops the room he's in, all leading to the same conclusion from that fateful day. Does he truly bear the responsibility to handle Amira's powers?

For hours, he kept repeating it over and over through a poem. One that he learned as a child. All alone to recite it in every part of the base, barely interacting with people around him. Nothing but pure silence. And whenever he doesn't stay in bed, all he does is to take walks around the base. Every corner of it. The ammo depot, hangars, construction sites, even on training fields on active duty. Two whole days of reflection from Logan, all without one word coming from his mouth apart from greeting people and stating the goodnight, not a single one.

Grief has turned Logan into someone no one wanted to see.

Such is the beauty of having the results to be done...

To gain the will to be the one...

An earned leaf...

To turn the next day with my own belief...

What's to cherish, comes to devotion

Bearing the kindred filled with emotion

Yet, through the reality of the purest

Brings halt to the fullest

I beg you, my beloved

Be there for the homecoming...

***

Near the entrance of the room, Jackson and Lucy approach near the door, with the latter holding a wrapped, red-ribboned pink box. They peek near the window to see Logan who is still bedridden.

"That poor lad...so much to worry," Lucy says.

"So much to wear," Jackson says.

"Ah still believe he should just grow out of it...but now he needs his time wi' others."

"Yeah. That's the point. But you and probably the other fellas would give him the time needed, I will get to it later or so."

"You're not coming?"

"Not now at least. Sylvester needs to know better in what he's doing."

Lucy stands silent as she hears from Jackson while looking back at the door. Even with all the legitimate concern in the world, a better outlook can be needed to further solve the problem.

She looks back at Jackson. "I won't stop you. It's what you decide after all."

"Of course my Luce."

"But remember, if Sylvester still thinks the same in what needs to be done...you'd better accept it and carry on."

"Well..." he says as he leaves where Sylvester is, "maybe not." Lucy scoffs as Jackson walks away to the other corridor.

"Show-off..." She grumbles under her breath.

***

She opens the door as she enters the room. Logan doesn't notice her as still lays down on the bed, still with the same expression he wears ever since.

Yet, Lucy still feels a special need to lift Logan's spirits up. As she gets near him, she slightly slaps Logan's cheek, making him turn around to see Lucy at last. Even though he may not feel it, his eyes still puffy, he still knows what a good company can bring him. Even with all the times arguing.