Chapter 6 - The Lady and the Cowboy

August 14th, 19:45 PST

It's another night in the Nevada desert, Area 51 still looks heavily patrolled and militarized, as every corner and part of the base has any sort of patrol looking for anything suspicious. A Human guard, a Zlocan Knight, a drone, anything capable of detecting the unusual, while spaceships hover around the area for the same purpose as the troops on the ground. A hover ship lands on the helipad while the escorts disperse, their protection no longer needed for now. The four inquisitors came out of the hover ship, looking all injured and dirty, coming from the aftermath of their first battle against the Earth Warriors. On the entrance a person is present. Caucasian as he can get, with a rugged beard and bald. One with a supposed withered diploma as he holds a rusty police badge on his trench-coat.

Jason Garreth, a former cop from New Mexico is now part of something much worse. Not to mention, his own twisted view of Humanity.

"I guess your faces and dirt means that you failed?" He asks.

"Why of course Mr. Genius! We could have the chance to get the information but these idiots came in and ruined everything!" Yamja replies as she swipes most of the dirt in her face in frustration.

"What kind of idiots do you mean?"

"Ones that are worth the fight, Jason. Not to mention, it seems that the dark-skinned soldier has gathered unexpected allies in his fight against us. Not bad I presume," Raven says.

"Jackson, you mean? Ah, that Negro will later understand that we are people that shouldn't be messed with." Jason replies as he smirks at the revelation.

"Now now, no time to rush, we must heal ourselves for tomorrow. Not to mention, a good addition to this squadron of the Inquisition, and we need you, Jason."

"Pretty much! You must help us to get vengeance against these idiots for defeating us!" Dakrin said.

"Patience Dak, you just met them recently and yet you look like shit now."

"Enough talk, our Kujar is waiting for us," Raven says.

They enter the building, where they walk until they settle into a huge computer room that is highly lit, with some mix of concrete and metal in every wall or ceiling. They are full of screens containing images of Zlocu activities across the universe, including Earth. Things like patrols on the forests, border guards and such. There is a lot chattering across the room, from operators communicating with their spies or some people having a chit-chat.

"Did you see that dumb attempt of combat from a lowly Human?" a Knight asks.

"Yes, never thought something so pitiful would-Lord Raven!" The presence of Raven alone is enough to gather the attention of most people present in the room. As one then approaches him while kneeling and holding both hands near their chest.

"The Kujar is waiting for you, sire," the kneeling Zlocan knight says.

"Good, onscreen," Raven says.

One of the screens starts to show a face that wears a grey mask with red lines, with a decorative armor worthy of a general who is a veteran of many wars, with red and black lines all over it. Not to mention, a gigantic, yellow-shaded sword in his right hand while holding a staff in his left hand. He is none other than Malgan itself, the one responsible for this dreary war.

"Is everything under control, Head Commandant Raven? Is Earth showing its worth or are they still limping as they are?" Malgan asks.

"No. On our verge of achieving victory, The Guardians started to intervene in our conquest. Earth and the remaining planets regained their equipment to stand a chance against you. Maybe you should have reconsidered your choices in who you should pick a bone with before spilling more blood."