Chapter 102 - Room to Breathe

October 11th, 2026. 08:30. 

Inside Sly's office, all looks as tidy as ever aside from a few broken windows and at least three bullet holes in the walls near the first window on the left side, all proof of the elegance coming from the one Colonel who despite all the attempts on his life, all the trials and tribulations thrown at him for every choice he makes, even with the near betrayals, he still stands firm as ever, all ready to lead his warriors and soldiers to battle, all in the name to free their precious planet from the Zlocu's grasp. 

As Sly sits on his chair with all the documents at hand, he also checks the laptop on his desk to revise the latest messages he received due to the successful operation in the last Zlocan fortress located outside Los Angeles even if it meant a handful of lives being lost along the way. The messages also carry some images of the latest activities of the UEF in other parts of the world, including one where the Canadian flag is raised alongside one of the UEF in the middle of a jubilant crowd of varied people in many uniforms. 

As he folds some of the documents in the locker on his left, a buzzing sound is heard near the table, yet he merely presses a button near the desk with a microphone attached to it as he leans toward it. 

"Good morning, Colonel Sylvester here. What brings you here?" 

"Sly, it's your man Jack and the Warriors, you said we should come here by this time, remember?" Jack's voice says, which makes Sly laugh for a bit while still keeping his index finger on the button, all while he keeps his green uniform as steady and tidy as he can give it. 

"Oh right, kinda forgot about it. Well, come in then." With that, he presses the other button that emits a beeping sound near the door, which makes it open. From there, the main quartet, as well as their partners, enter with most of the casual clothing that they can show, with most saluting Sly as some sit down while others stand on their feet, their gazes focusing on Sly as he clears his throats and places the last document on the locker, locking it up as he sits firmly in his desk once more, all while eyes focus on some of the Warriors with some cuts and bandages in some of the arms and legs. 

"Well, you're all aware of why I summoned you all here, right?" Sly asks. 

"About the latest reports for our upcoming activities, man," Jack replies with a slight smile on his face. 

"Exactly that. Well, let's go with the easy one. As we all know, the latest recruits we got from the fortress, while with some complications detected on their psyche, have been approved for further training under our command. Especially for that one Julian who was the one who gave us the key to penetrate the Hollywood Line," Sly says. 

"Ye still sure he ain't a dirty spy for us?" Lucy asks with her arms crossed. 

"Luce, I can guarantee you that a true spy wouldn't have gone to such lengths to ruin their own side like that," Sly replies with a small grin on his face This makes Jack, Malak and Tany laugh in response to which she merely shrugs in response. 

"Also, I think you should give Julie Julian a break Luce, that poor pup had roughly rough already!" Tany adds as she pokes Lucy in the cheek. 

"Alright, I think she gets it now. Anyway, with those recruits in mind, it's why Rian is tasked with training them for unconventional types of warfare based on his latest battle record. And no offense to you Logan, but I think he may like this job better than your style." 

"Well, I believe it's more than that, Sylvester. I'm sure he'll teach them well as I tried with him," Logan says while holding his arm as he paces for a bit. 

"Hope that's the case. Not just that,  we're also bringing new weapons for the neophytes, which I'm sure would help us out in determining how we can carry out the big one."