Chapter 100 - The Four Tenets of Peace

Roughly at the same time. 

The battle rages on between the EW and the Zlocu in the Spirit of Modervil. Each blaster fire and gunfire is exchanged hand in hand, leaving trails of holes, smoke, debris, and some corpses along the way, each accompanied by a cacophonous range of fire from both sides. Shrieks and shouts also come together as they try to outdo each other as quickly as possible. 

In a corridor, Jack, Ed and Malak cover some fire through the windows between the first's AR15 rifle, the second's Winchester pump shotgun and the last one's fire arrows, each one aimed at different Zlocans through the grounds as they dodge and evade every ounce of incoming blaster fire that's going straight at them. Jack keeps his grip firm on the rifle as he strafes each round of bullets at any Zlocan he can spot, Ed goes for any random direction left to right from any source he can hear from a ZLocan, and Malak keeps a crouched stance as she spots any canister that can take out as many Zlocans as she can. 

"Damn it, never in my life have seen a herd of ugly Zlocans coming our way like that! Must be asking for a really good roughing!" Ed says as he reloads his shotgun next to Jack. 

"Well, you know how things go, strike a hornet's nest and you'd be bound to piss off the swarm. So best to get used to it, man," Jack says without flinching at any of the gunfire and blaster fire,  loading any remaining ammunition he has with his vouches of magazines in his vest. 

"Oh, certainly so. And also Ed, this is probably a taste of being considered to be so high in the priority that they think we can do everything by ourselves. Crazy, right?" Malak adds as she glances at Ed. 

"Hey, it's not like we're our a couple of private dancers for the military, you know!" Andrei retorts as he deflects blaster fire from his metallic form through his arms. He does all of this while keeping a wide grin on his face in front of Malak, who merely rolls her eyes in response as she prepares more arrows. 

"Man, if we fail this mission, our friends and families back home will have to prepare their last wills," Jack says as he throws some grenades at the Zlocans from below, all while continuing to evade their blaster fire, even covering his ears as an explosion rocks the room below them. 

"Oh, you're so reckless as well, Jackie! I can't believe you have the most confidence out of this bloody mission!" Lucy says as she guards the door alongside Amira in case any potential Zlocan barges in. The door slams open for a bit, and five Zlocan Knights attempt to breach through, only for Amira to thrust her arms forward, hurling some Zlocans outside the building while Lucy stabs one near the jugular with one of her bowler knives, enough to gush a bit of blood on Zlocan's part before she tosses them downstairs too. She swipes a bit of it from her neck as she chuckles for a bit. 

"What is so funny about it, Lucy? That Zlocan nearly killed you," Amira asked Lucy, where she merely shrugs in response. 

"Hey, a close call and such, it's what I expected anyway." But before just as the sound inside the room subsides from the blaster fire and gunfire, a distant noise is heard near Amira's direction, where she spots three hovercraft heading their way, turrets ready and such. 

"People, we have more incoming!" Amira says as she signals the others of the arrival of the armed hovercraft. 

"Don't worry, let me handle this baby myself," Seiner says as he breaks a window through his gun, then inserts two canisters inside of it and with one pull of the trigger, it fires a projectile aimed in the direction of the hovercraft. It explodes upon impact, which sends shrapnel and other blown-off wings falling down. But before he can try the rest, two massive fireballs appear out of nowhere which impacts the other hovercrafts, splitting them apart as they too fall down to the abyss of the fortress. Seiner turns around to see a smiling Tany who giggles in response as she waves her staff around her.