Chapter 145 - Old Faces from Younger Years

1 hour later. 

The time for resolution can be a complicated matter. Whether it's from a small discussion or a heated battle, it can be always there for the survivors. 

After what someone like Amira can go through, it's certainly a relief that many of her friends still did everything to save her from her funk, one where she may have risked leaving the whole mission behind and endangering all galactic life in the long run. 

Even with all the pain that is there, a tender touch can be enough to save someone like Amira, and now, she can take the rest after what she has gone through. 

The sunset that day provides an orange hue in the sky that's the stuff of wonders when it comes to Earth and its times of the day, even though it can mean more signs of danger for those who are less fortunate to receive electricity when it comes to an Evolving Zone like South LA where danger lurks at every corner. But regardless, when it comes to times of peace, it's a solace for those who yearn for a time of peace, to devote themselves to being better for another day and such. 

With all the darkened sights amidst the rubble in most buildings except some of the fires that leave puffs of smoke nearby, the bystanders run to their hiding places or shelters, whether they're makeshift or not while they close the doors or cover themselves with any material they can find from those who stalk through the evening. Yet amidst all of this, one spark of light can be seen from a distance, one that's located near the center of the city with some distant chatter heard nearby. It looks a bit too professional to be there, but something magical lies in there. 

The camp of tents by both the EW and Wolfpac has now evolved into a semi-official refugee camp, with the help of Tany's magic and some of Seiner's gadgets to enhance the zone for those who seek their assistance. Andrei, Lucy, Ed, and Rian stand guard near the corners of the sidewalks, with their usual weapons at hand as they glance at every corner with every light available that can let them spot the surroundings. Andrei tries to crack a smile next to Lucy, only for her to slap him in the cheek for a bit, prompting Ed to chuckle for a bit while Rian merely shakes his head as he keeps his duty. 

Deep inside the camp, Amira sits on a bench overseeing the activity between the guards as well as the resting tents where the refugees rest inside. She has a slight smile with a slumped posture, with her buckling knees and bowed head to boot. It's true that she finally has some rest after a few days of hellish tricks pulled on her, Logan, and the other Warriors, but there's still so much to be done, for as keeping up at this rate may drain her more than needed. 

So much life... But yet I feel almost nothing else. 

As she breathes steadily, another figure sits next to her, and a welcome one at that, with her dark, flowing hair and a purple tank top, Malak can certainly be a sight for sore eyes on most counts when it comes to handling people like Amira. 

"Hey there, my friend. Feeling lonely?" Malak asks as she glances at her with a slight smile as well. 

"Yes. Could need some," Amira replies as she lets Malak stay beside her, where she even caresses her hair for a bit. It's certainly a fine feeling to get when it comes to a peaceful time, especially with a close one. 

"Well, I kinda said this already but, it's good to have you back. I know it's not been easy to deal with the pressure of the screw-ups that were made. But knowing your friends can be just as a relief." 

"It is, indeed. But even so, I cannot help but feel that there is so much more to lift from myself, almost like... there is a missing part that needs some fixing too." Malak merely nods in response as she places her hand on Amira's shoulder.