Chapter 81 - You Wouldn't Know

1 hour later. 

Somewhere, in a secluded part of the FOB, a specific type of engine is heard from across the room, echoing in every corner as it makes its way across the corridors. If one is to step closer to find out where it comes from, said source of the engine comes from a locked door. And inside that door, is one particular scientist inspecting a chrome-colored chopper as it sits idly in an empty space around the room. The male scientist merely nods when examining the length and functionality of the rotor blades and knocking on the part containing the fuel. 

Seiner that is. 

Holding his hand through the chin, his eyes trailing both up and down at every part of the chopper as he briskly walks in circles, it's the usual routine one scientist can have when examining a precious experiment of theirs, especially if it concerns the well-being of others. As tedious as that may sound, Seiner sees way beyond that front, for his experiences speak for themselves. Time and time again, this chopper is vital in carrying anything to safety, whether it's people, or carrying transport, she can accomplish almost everything mission it set her eyes upon. 

It's been a while and you still shine on, my precious... Seiner delivers a small grin on his face as he sets his eyes on the rocket pads and blaster guns. Their shining luster only adds to his pride in one of his creations, something that's more priceless than any other creation ever known in the scientific or even militaristic community. It seems like he yearns for a new adventure with her after a long while of using his chrome boats and planes. 

But that time would surely come one day if the chance presents itself that is. 

It is a promise he wants to keep. Unsure for how long, but he'll try to keep it as long as it takes. For as long he can breathe every inch of life around it, he will keep it, always. 

"I think that'll do. Chrome Chopper, return," Seiner says as he pulls a Chrome cube out of his belt, which absorbs the Chrome Chopper back into her digitized form inside the cube. Tapping it for a bit, the surface feels hardened with each tap, and for that, he puts the cube back into his pocket before looking at the watch on his wrists. 

"Guess it's all checked up, best to meet up," he says to himself as he heads for the door, grabbing a key placed on a table next to the door. Said table is accompanied by a handful of other items like hammers, scrapped metal of what is presumably from personalized vehicles that were rejected by the staff,  a long saw, a pair of hammers, and so much more. They're there when they're needed but as of now, Seiner doesn't have any need of them as he unlocks the door by turning the lock rightward, and with one last glance, he closes it. 

He turns around to see the corridor, all void of any living so far and with the dim lights being the sole companions in there alongside some old posters covering the gaps of the wall, as seen by some of the mold attached to the ceiling. The posters are all from the old times of World War II, like the We Can Do It! and the Of Course I Can posters. They look nice for the time, yet Seiner still scoffs at them as he walks in the corridor. 

Arseholes don't know how the art would have grown... 

Then, he heads for the door that will take him to the most populated part of the base, most likely in time for a meeting involving the next step in the road to Los Angeles. Whether how big or small their role would be, it would surely be something he can put to good use in terms of his skills and intelligence, as well as the assistance of his certain companions. Maybe aside from a particular one, but so many thoughts racing his mind as he delivers a small grin on his face, he yearns for it. 

However, just as he goes for the door and opens it, he is greeted by a pair of jumping hares, one from the right side and one from the left, all of them staring at Seiner as they hoop around left and right. This sight is enough to make Seiner startle as he backpedals from this sight, unaware of the presence of the pesky creatures. And before he can say anything, a very familiar laugh can be heard outside, accompanied by a humming whistle coming from a particular female voice. Said figure then leaps in front of Seiner, which is enough to narrow his eyes.