Chapter 13 - Hurtful Heart

Both Logan and Amira see the duo completing the test while they are watching it in their rooms. Seeing carefully what they do gives them a bit more of confidence in what they're capable of and how they'll do it. Heroes always need the moment where they'll get recognized for something they're capable of.

Logan, particularly, can't feel any better, with his chin high, calm demeanor and a smile on his face. The others like Berat and Valentina look with interest, wondering if the team will be near their caliber in the war.  Amira simply stands alone, watching while tilting her head to the side and gazing carefully. She's already seeing how much Humans can try their tests for a greater good, but now, it's now the turn of an Alien to turn a new chapter in evolving Human history. 

Nearing the endgame of the second test, Logan still holds out his breath, waiting to see how successful the test is going to be for them.

"You guys are some peculiar fellows, aren't you?" Berat asks while standing behind him.

"How peculiar?"

"Well, the way you've practiced your skills, something so great even if you're not part of any military in some way. Kinda sweet to think about it."

"Yeah, I mean, we've seen a few guys in armies trying to pass these sorts of tests, but not to the level we're seeing right now. Or maybe it's just a godly coincidence after all," Valentina says as she chuckles in amusement.

"Well, one can know the ways to pass on something regardless of the field, man..."

"But still not as fantastic like now. Hehe, you still play up quite well for a modern knight, don't ya?" Valentina asks with her eyebrows raised. 

"Anyone can be fantastic in their own way."

Berat could only chuckle in response while patting him once more on his shoulders while carefully caressing the right side of Logan's head.

"I'm kinda liking you, dear boy." 

Logan chuckles embarrassingly in response.

An alarm blares around the site, indicating the end of the second test from Seiner & Tany. Logan sighs in relief with a relaxed tone. His own wishes are starting to come true, just maybe. 

"Success! Nice work people, you're the fourth ones to pass this great test after sixty-nine failed attempts. I gotta say, you're giving off a nice vibe so far, which impresses me. Now, next one will be that Alien girl; Amira Dhorian she says and then your worth will be proven!" Sylvester says on the intercom.

"So, that Alien chick you guys have...is she...?" Valentina asks while sneakily approaching behind Logan.

"She's... a unique being...I guess?"

Valentina simply looks at him with her arms crossed with a smirk while Berat leans near his face, his eyes narrow and focused on Logan himself. Logan blushes in response backs away for a bit.

"Ohohoho! You actually like her, don't you? And hiding something like a little mouse?" Berat asks.

"Eh!? Well, maybe as a friend, that's all!"

"Then why are you looking red like an apple now?" Valentina asks.

"There's a simple explanation for that...!"

"And that is...?"

Logan can't help but to grimace and wince at the whole thing, like being teased for a high school date of some sort, probably not the prom queen, but perhaps a bit too close to it. 

"OK, are you done teasing the little boy?" Sylvester asks on the intercom again, making both Berat and Valentina shift their focus on him from afar, simply nodding in agreement while Logan turns away while giggling nervously...before being pulled back to see the screen by Berat, spouting a large smirk on his face.