Chapter 114 - Dead Memories

October 14th, 2026. 08:50. 

The road is a place where some choices can be made that affect the lives of one individual. Sometimes for better, sometimes for ill. And even so, what could be the best for the individual may be for ill for the rest, and vice versa, almost like an hourglass in many ways a living being can count on. Not helping matters is that it's always on a blank field without almost any sort of hint to help you out in choosing the closest form of a "right" answer. It's always one choice and hope for the best to see where the road can take you. 

And Tany picked one that may have been ill for all involved. 

Near a crumbled-down house where the mirror and ceiling are full of bullet holes and burn marks of varying degrees, there is a wide camping tent with some crates and radar arrays, most of which are placed in circles around the perimeter almost in anticipation for any potential hostile force to come by. Seiner, Ed and Jack are near some of the arrays while overlooking their surroundings while Lucy is writing a handful of things in a green notebook and Andrei flexes his arms already shifted in solid metal with a smirk on his face. 

Inside the tent, there are a handful of blankets on the floor with Wolfpac sitting down near the entrance of the right with Malak sitting on the left side, while next to her are Logan and Amira sitting near Tany with a stooped posture, hands on knees and staring down to the ground with a frown on her face with puffy eyes to boot. The time of all the memories she shared about Diego is still fresh in her mind, and judging by the long gazes of Logan and Amira, something that is indeed harrowing to hear. 

"That Diego certainly committed a lot of things that hurt you, right?" Amira asks while holding her hand to Tany's. She merely tries to smile back, but a quiver is noticeable on her face. 

"Yeah, but still... It's not much of a biggie big deal, right? It was just... A mere unfortunate and weepy outburst of me, it couldn't be helpily helped...!" Tany says, still trying to smile as much as she can. 

"Tany, I don't think it's good to just think it was no big deal if it hurt you and others quite badly, both that time and today," Logan replies with also a forlorn look on his face. 

"But it happened, I'm sure it's not worth getting hung up on it, y'know, Loggie?" Logan sighs in response. 

"I believe that this is why I should reach out to you because it is deeper than that. Should I start it?" Amira asks just as she is about to place her hand on Tany's forehead, only for her to back away from the hand. 

"I told you... I'm finely fine, no need to invade my privacy, Ammy...!" Tany says while trembling for a bit. 

"Perhaps you're right. But sometimes, it's not so bad to think that a time to reflect on what happened even if it's not happy can work out," Logan replies. Tany's smile still quivers for a bit but still keeps it up. 

"Loggie... If only you could know of how much this all meant to a girly girl like me... Diegito may have planned what happened that day, but I still feel it... that I can..." Tany attempts to explain before pausing for a bit, taking a deep breath and chuckling for a bit with a bit of sniffing too. 

"Is it something that would guarantee that there will be less losses of innocent lives?" Amira asks while still holding Tany's arm. 

"Y-yes, it certainly would do in a goodie way, I'll pinkie promise it, also for Diegito!" The contrast between Tany's quivery smile and Amira's frown is quite a striking image of what they think, one who both know the truth, yet face it in different ways. 

But before they could reply to each other, a loud clearing throat is heard across the tent. The three turn around and it comes from none other than Rian who stares at the trio alongside Julian and Rita, but Rian in particular also crosses his arms while gazing specifically at Tany.