Chapter 147 - Pick Your Poison

6 hours later. Unknown location. 

On a peculiar terrace, the sun shines through the open, blue sky, radiating the cyan sea and small houses surrounding the vibrant and lively beach. The seagulls fly in droves across the landscape without a care in the world, for as long as their skies are clear and safe to fly through. With one table and four sets of chairs placed in rows, it certainly transmits the image of a dayside retreat house, where the loneliest souls can look for a place where they can enjoy nature in absolute bliss, with no care for any problem. 

Only one individual sits in the right seat, observing the vast landscape without anything else surrounding them. It's one man with brown hair, a red buttoned shirt, and black jeans, smiling as he takes a sip from a cup of water, alongside a slight smile to boot that shows the mood he's in. 

Logan may be living a happier life for once. Away from war and bloodshed. 

As Logan keeps the glass of water next to him, the sound of footsteps approaches Logan's seat steadily, almost like the individual is preparing a surprise for him, hopefully a harmless one given what he likes. 

He slightly glances his back to see the approaching individual. From there, he smiles even wider than ever due to the kind of individual he's looking at. A slender fair-skinned female with brown and medium-length hair,  one reserved for those who seek free time every once in a while. She smiles at Logan as she leans near the balcony to see the landscape like he does, probably a sign where shares a liking for vast sceneries, especially those outside of the Zlocu's grasp. She takes a deep breath while she still stares at the cyan ocean with Logan. 

A desired moment between the two, it seems. 

"Looking good, right Amanda?" Logan asks, still glancing at her. 

"Yep, it sure is, friend," Amanda replies without glancing back at Logan, yet still keeps her smile. 

"Honestly, anything can look good with a friend around, especially with places like this one." 

Amanda nods in response and chuckles a bit. "Oh, still being that faithful optimist as ever. I ain't getting tired of that anytime soon." 

"Well, as much as I can be. There's so much I'm thinking of amending if I ever get the chance to do so." Logan glances down and sighs too. A certain burden to carry in times like this one. 

Amanda walks toward Logan and places her hand on the right shoulder, caressing it for a bit and even glancing at Logan's face. 

"Hey, you got friends that can help it feel weightless, you know? You're gonna need it every once in a while." Logan smiles back at that kind gesture, it's certainly well-needed when it comes to harder moments in someone's life, and Logan may be lucky to have someone like her around to help him out. 

"Yeah, guessed as much, but thanks anyway." 

"Oh, and how's the activism going on your end?" Amanda asks, Logan chuckles for a bit in response. 

"Going well so far, doing the best I can to deliver the message of forgiveness and understanding, and they seem to be taking it well from what I can tell," Logan replies. 

"Nice! I can't thank you enough for what these messages mean for those who committed terrible mistakes in the past and got the reassurance that there can be a second chance, no matter what." 

"Indeed, it's always needed for anyone." Amanda taps Logan's shoulder as she chuckles, certainly, a good thing to hear for people like them. 

"But, if you think it is... Why didn't you reach out to me until now, then?" Amanda asks, this time her tone is serious, and Logan's smile drops as he glances at her, shaking his head over this sort of question.