Chapter 76 - Can a Fallen Angel Regain its Wings?

Around the same time. 

High above the skies, the bright blue covers every part of it, all while the sun's rays shine through, reflecting on every surface it can find to establish itself on Earth. Serene and peaceful as the ancient Hanging Gardens of Babylon, no matter where it is, its sheer beauty always finds a way to cast its beauty and hope to all living beings from below. 

But there is more than just a mere sky. A hunting ground it seems. 

An E-767 with green stripes flies overhead, with her roaring engines circling near the surrounding area where Wolowitz is stationed, its jamming capabilities were taken out not too long ago. Her wings graze through the wings while the round rotodome rotates every second for any potential information to pick through. The two engines emit contrails from behind, leaving an enormous trail to trace in the skies. 

And below her, are four distinct planes in a triangular formation, their sights on the unknown foes from far away. 

"This is your lady Coruja speaking. Eliminate the Wyvern-type bombers heading near Bakersfield to claim air superiority in this operation. So push it good, peeps!" Luana says, communicating through intercoms to the four planes, with Rosa nodding along as she checks her radar. 

"Roger that, Coruja. Crusaders, split up and let's find all the bandits in the area, then shot them down, understood?" 

"Righto, Temperance!" Kamis says. 

"Understood," Mariama says. 

"Copy that!" Andreas says. And with that, all four planes split in every direction to search for those elusive bombers, in what can be an extra step to end this operation for once. 

Flying on the western side, Kamis checks the enlarged radar to spot the bombers' location, and sure enough, three dots appear on his eleven o'clock, which makes him turn the plane around and intercept them. 

"These Zlocs do know when to hide..." Andreas mutters, which makes Kamis as he hits the thrust to accelerate in the direction of the detected bombers. 

"We've got some unearthed bogeys!" Kamis says, the distance between his plane and the bombers getting narrower by every coming second, and an incoming chance to prove it well. 

"Fennec Squadron, shield the bombers, break!" a male voice says in Kamis' cockpit, likely coming from a human one as he sees one of the dots breaking off from the first bomber group. 

"We can't let those UEF pests get us this time!" a female voice says, most likely a pilot as well while she follows the direction of the other plane as the radar shows. Kamis smirks from this as he changes to missiles. 

"Shoot them down, but remember to not underestimate them," another male voice says, likely coming from one of the Wyvern bombers nearby. But just as he's about to make a turn, a beeping sound is heard from the cockpit, and he turns to see the dots heading in front of him.   

"Fennec 1, Fox two!" With that sound, Kamis knows that he must shake it up first before heading for the main course. 

"Azure Hawk, evade!" Rosa says in the intercom as Kamis presses a button, which releases a group of flares while turning left. The timing is enough to divert the missile away from him, and with that, the time to lock on the target, to an F-18-shaped plane. Once it turns red, the magic comes next. 

"Azure Hawk, Fox 2!" Kamis shouts as he presses the trigger, launching a missile that flies at high speed, enough to impact the F-18's wing before it can divert away. "Bingo!" 

"Our squad lead's been hit!" the female says, trying to head back to the Wyvern to defend it, but before she can do anything, Mariama's plane flies next to hers, and a beeping sound is heard on her end.