Chapter 101 - Loss & Acceptance

30 minutes later. 

The dust clears up around the fortress as every Zlocan symbol is erased and removed in most ways as much as the UEF can do. Every surviving prisoner and hostage are escorted to safety to most of the remaining Blackhawk helicopters alongside a few arriving Ospreys, some even rounding up surviving Human Inquisitors, already left behind by most Zlocans while being left with little to no weaponry to defend themselves against the invading UEF. And most certainly, the red and black flags and banners of the Zlocu are steadily replaced by the green, yellow and blue of the globe, united for one single purpose. 

Near one of the factories where the EW took their stand, most members are inspecting every corner of the place to check if there's any order trap left to deal with. Seiner in particular holds his pad as he scans the area. At the same time, Tany tends to his teammates with every cut and bruise they received in battle, especially Logan, where Amira and Rian hold him through his shoulder as he steadily breathes while being healed by Tany's healing spell. Seiner's device then beeps with a green light as it finishes scanning. 

"So, I'd take that it's all cleared up, I guess," Jack says as he holds a Zlocan rifle in his arms. 

"With an attack of this scale, you can pretty much guarantee that the Zlocs have dried all their chances," Seiner replies with a smirk on his face. 

"Certainly so, man. And plenty to capture too," Jack replies as he chuckles for a bit as Seiner puts the device back in his pocket. 

"Yep, plenty to use in future battles, most likely in Los Angeles. I would love to see their looks once they see us with their weapons against them." As Seiner chuckles as well, Ed and Andrei pack some bags carrying a certain amount of food and supplies, tightening them up so as to make sure they don't go off. 

"At this rate, the food and drinks will dry up, which is the least we need when most of the factories are still in repairs. But oh well, I'll let it pass this time, right old man?" Andrei asks as he glances at Ed. 

"Damn straight you are, boy, some little bits of booze won't hurt our enjoyment one bit, especially for the gals!" Ed says as he laughs for a bit while glancing at girls like Tany and Amira, who are still near Logan. 

"I told you that I want the poppy cherry sodas and juicy juices, Eddie!" Tany retorts as she pouts. 

"Oh, don't worry Tany, I'm sure you can find some good ways to get the celebration of your life when it comes to things like this," Malak replies while wiping some of the blood caked in her blade while smiling for a bit. 

"Celebration you say...?" Amira asks with a near whispery tone, all while glancing away from Logan and Rian. 

"Whaddya mean, Ammi? We won today against the Zlocan meanies!" 

"Just... look there..." The group glances in Amira's direction, where they see a group of soldiers carrying a handful of bodies that remain stale and motionless, full of dry bleeding and even some missing limbs, with most of the soldiers wincing at their sights as they carry them to the nearest transport they can find. This makes most of the Warriors frown while Logan grabs Amira's hand and holds it tenderly while looking at Amira, whose eyes are looking puffy too. 

"I know it hurts so much, but I can assure you that didn't die for nothing." 

"Are you sure about that...? Because all those people, those outside the base, deserved much more than this... Especially..." Amira says with a quivery tone, even trembling a bit as she tries to muster the strength to utter a name that makes her tremble. 

"I'm sure he'll be proud too, Amira. To complete this mission means he and others were avenged, maybe not fully, but at least it's as close as it can be," Rian replies while glancing at Amira, this time without the usual tone he carries, for as he knows well of what occurred on that fateful night, what they witnessed, what they heard.