Chapter 42 - Higher Ground

30 minutes later

Sylvester is at his desk, holding his phone as he looks a the blank contact with the words "Vibana's Contact Service" present on the screen. He then picks up the receiver, dialing a number.

The number dials, and then a female voice answers: "Hello, you've reached Vibana's Contact Service. How may I help you?"

"Oh, hi! It's me again." Sylvester says cheerfully. "I was just wondering if you had any new leads on where to find some experienced hot shots for hire to be deployed right here in the US of A. Some good folks are in real need of some air security right now. You wouldn't happen to know anyone who might fit my bill...would you? We could use someone like the people you have, and we'd pay well."

"Well, hello there!" the woman on the other end exclaims. "Of course, we've got plenty of experienced pilots available, although I'm afraid they've all gone overseas on military assignments right now. Not to mention, none of them are available for private contracts either. But, if you're in real need of some air security for your team, we have a couple of pilots recently out of training with some rather excellent qualifications despite being rather young. I'm sure they can help you out."

"Hmmm. I guess I could give them a try," Sylvester says with a pleasant tone, although with his face a bit restrained. "Who are they?"

"Well, let me get back to you on that. In the meantime, you might want to check out our website to check more information about them."

"Alrighty then! Thanks for the tip!" Sylvester says. He hangs up and glances at his watch. He then sighs in response while gripping his wrists and then scrubs his face with his hand.

"Overseas military assignments...more like, they won't be paying even a dime to move their operations here..." he mutters to himself, shaking his head. "But I suppose I'll have to make do with what I've got. After all, it's not like I have much choice..." His phone then receives a ping, it's a response email from the contact service with the header "Pilots for hire, Here are your four promising trainees!" with a link down below. He then copies the link to his computer, opening a window to Vibana's website, and with that, he sees four profiles of the four assigned pilots for him.

"Hmm...at least they look impressive," Sylvester says. He looks at the four profiles:

The first pilot is a fair-skinned young woman with a brown to orange fade hair with a ponytail with hazel eyes. Around her shoulders is a blue jumpsuit with an open neck around her. The name is listed as Rosa Cabrera, born in Venezuela but lived in Florida for a while, and she's 21 years old. Her favorite sport is listed as "swimming".

The second pilot is a tan-skinned young man with short black hair and compared to the formal posture of Rosa, he gives a thumbs up with a wide grin on his face. His jumpsuit is the same as Rosa, but it's open. His name is Kamis Mittan, born in Malaysia but raised in Singapore. He's 21 years old. His favorite sports are listed as "soccer" and "basketball", and he's also listed as having a large interest in the punk rock scene.

The third pilot is dark-skinned young woman with the same formal posture as Rosa but with a frown on her face. She has greyish white dreads, and her jumpsuit is the same as Kamis, but only sleeveless. Her name is Mariama Cisse, born in Senegal but lived in France for a while. She's 22 years old. Her favorite sport is listed as "athletics".

The fourth and final pilot is a fair-skinned young man with the same formal posture and jumpsuit Rosa has, only this one is fully closed. He wears goggles and has short blonde hair. His name is Andreas Sandberg, born and raised in Sweden. He's 20 years old. His favorite sports are listed as "fencing" and "water polo", and he's also listed as having a large interest in the Asian art scene. He's also listed to have been part of a Humanitarian organization before the Zlocan invasion started.