Chapter 16 - The Objects of the God of War

F.O.B Jefferson. 08:40 PST.

Logan? Logan...are you alright? Logan?! Logan!  

Amira stands up to keep herself calm while still trying to record what she just heard. The cries of anguish of Logan, ones combined with rage, aren't something for her to ignore. Even if she's in custody, she's well aware of how much Logan needs help, and the ones from Seiner and Tany may not be enough to quell it. 

Yet she's locked inside a room, guarded by two soldiers. How on Earth will she manage to get out of it?

If I'm kept in custody for too long...I may lose my friends. No, it doesn't matter what the other Humans may do next, I have to save them.

She then places her left hand near her forehead and closes her eyes. It will help her out how to escape.  Seeing beyond the soldiers from the outside, she sees some plant pots, chairs, and metal tables stationed around the room and the corridor outside.  She changes her focus on the lock of the door, one which while it's a simple one, it's tightly shut, almost to the point that it can only function with an I.D card of a member of the base. 

Changing her focus on the right guard's pocket is his I.D card. The perfect chance for it.

But how is she going to get it?

She focuses on one of the tables near the door, one with wheels and packs of paper sheets in it. The joint confusion of hurling a table to smash the door and the moment the guards leave, she'll use with her Mirai technique to detach the I.D card from the collar and use it to her advantage. But if it fails...she may have to resort something risky for her ideals, even though Logan taught her otherwise. Maybe the latter option could be more suited.

She reaches out with her hands aiming at the guards located outside the room. Steadily motioning her fingers while trying to get a hold of them. By fully grasping the extent of the Norai's powers, they make contact through the guards' heads. They slightly notice it when they feel something entering them, almost if something caught them. 

Then, she claps her hands steadily, the force of the movement being enough to drag the guards to each other, knocking themselves out from the force of the mutual collision. 

She leans near the window to see the result. Even though it was a necessary action, she can only sigh while using her left hand on her forehead again while closing her eyes.

My deepest apologies, dear Humans...I have a friend to save...

She then tracks the I.D card from the knocked guard of the right, steadily detaching it from the collar. Steadily levitating it near the card reader near the door. With one swipe, the door is unlocked. She opens the door and leaves the room where she was locked in. But before leaving to the other room, she gazes to the knocked soldiers once more, her eyes almost narrow while looking at the palm of her hand. 

To love is her nature, that's for sure. But sometimes, a measure should be taken as a step in fulfilling a goal, no matter the cost. 

Tapping her forehead with her hand once more, she starts seeing visions of what it seems to be the location of both her saber and armor, something important for her to use. It's located in Sylvester's office on the second floor.

Now knowing her destination, she heads to the exit where it leads to one of the corridors with many different ones as well inside the main building. She heads to the left, where the route to the stairs of the second floor is located. She starts running as fast as she can, filled with determination and a sense of friendship that she has for others, never to be ignored. Even though the corridors and hallways are quite open, she still feels a sense of unease of feeling something that could catch her and send her back, hence the rapid sprint.