Chapter 52 - Reasons, Reflections and Revelations

September 16, 2026. 17:30

In a room with two wide, open windows that let in a fresh breeze and a large oval table in the center with a sleek tv monitor hanging on a wall. It could be the perfect place for a meeting in response to something the size of the attempt on Sylvester's life. The Earth Warriors, Isaak, Clemons and a handful of other officers attend the room. All with expressions and actions ranging from tapping feet, crossed arms, stooped postures and the like. If they need the answers, they need them now.

Isaak steps in first. "So, it's no secret that when it comes to many wars, a key strategy from any armed force is the assassination of a key figure. One can hold the military, the government or both together to ensure they're fully coordinated and in control."

"Or if they don't get what they want they'll try to take out their own people to get rid of incompetency," Clemons says.

"Right," Isaak replies, nodding. "The problem is not one of how we can best kill our enemies without having them do the same thing. It's a fact that once we have someone who can snitch the details out of the enemy's hands, it's a matter of what gets exposed first."

Jackson steps in as well. "But even so, we kept the details of the conference under wraps for only among the highest echelons of the organization. A spy-proof method if I say so. And even though tight security was implemented the attempt was still done."

"And not even by some random terrorist, perhaps something even deadlier than we thought couldn't exist until now," Logan replies as well, his right arm leaning on the table as he shakes his hand near his leg.

"But what could that group be, I wonder?" Clemons asks.

"So far, we don't have the fullest of details. But based on a pin that I saw of him, it reminded me of the rescue on San Diego."

"You mean when G.o.D got trashed so badly that Sylvester had to lift your suspension to bring you out to do the job?" Isaak asks without fully turning to Logan's gaze.

"Yes. And I'm talking about the long-range missiles that came in. They had the same insignia as the man who attempted to take Sylvester's life. The balance symbol. And could be also related to the individuals they've faced."

"How did they look like, young man?" Clemons asks again.

"According to Berat and Valentina, they were masked, the men had ties and the women bowties in different colors. They were of different ethnicities as well. All with a common goal too."

"But I still don't understand. You claim these two are connected, yes? Why would that group reappear in this instance?" Rian asks. He stands in the corner of the room with his arms crossed, almost with no care about what is said in the room.

"I've been wondering about that too. But if there might be a link between them and the attack on Sylvester Walker, then it's possible that they wanted to send a message to us."

"What kind of message?" Clemons asks.

"That they're re-emerging as another force to be reckoned with in this war other than the Zlocu. He already said he wouldn't work for them, so that rules out Zlocan intervention."

"Are you sure of that?" Isaak asks. "Because its common knowledge for enemy spies to disguise their motives to distract any potential intruder. There might even be more hidden under that mask than meets the eye."

Logan is silent for a moment, thinking about Isaak just said, and the implications of it.

Maybe he does have a point...but even so, this is too much to be labeled as a mere coincidence.