Chapter 105 - The Hot Spot

4 hours later. En route to the hot springs. 

As the sun continues to shine upon the landscape of the desert, the surroundings and imagery change every time a battle was fought, with more pieces of metal scrap and some abandoned rifles being more common as the days pass by, for as the time to remove them for a cleaner tomorrow would let itself be shown on the right time, for as those who want to take breaks can come there. Of course, there can be other ways to clean up from the stains of war that time has demonstrated in various ways. 

On the road, the Chrome Truck passes by as the sun reflects on the shiny chrome surface of the vehicle, with every ray showing the strength of the sun itself as they head to one big complex located in the midst of the desert, one with a mix of concrete rooftops yet with some noticeable bamboo walls in every corner of it, all placed in a horizontal way. It seems like it's one perfect place to take one break after the EW took a lot of missions for their well-being, as well as a chance for Julian and Rita to meet the others. 

The chrome truck stops near a parking lot where it's the only vehicle present in there aside from the yellow Ford car parking near the entrance of the complex.  And within the blink of an eye, the Chrome Truck digitizes back in their Chrome cube form as the EW plus Wolfpac land on their feet, wearing some plain-looking t-shirts and shorts that come on the way when it comes to visiting hot springs like this one. 

"Damn... Even in autumn, this place gets bloody hot..." Lucy mutters while swiping the sweat from her forehead. 

"Are you peeps even sure this will be the right place?" Rita asks while furrowing her brow due to the heat of the sun. 

"Keep it very well together, girlies, I can know when there's the big place for the funsies together!" Tany says as she walks near the entrance of the complex. 

"Well, when it comes to other warm places that I've been to, even with the least amount of food at your disposal can't prepare for what's like back in my region," Malak says while smirking for a bit as she walks alongside Ed who merely chuckles in response. 

"Well, Death Valley would like a word with ya," Ed says while smirking as well. As this is going on as Tany knocks on the door many times, Logan glances at Amira who is unfazed by the humidity of the place, without even many traces of sweat to be found around her body. It seems like it could be a neat trait to observe from her species, but of course, questions are needed. 

"Amira... Have you encountered something this hot before?" Logan asks Amira, who glances back at him with a nod and a slight smile. 

"Yes, but only a few can withstand the higher levels of heat as far as I am concerned," Amira replies while Tany continues knocking on the locked door inside, all while keeping her wide smile, almost as if she doesn't care if some dents come out of the door from it. 

As this occurs, Rian merely groans at this sight while walking with Julian and Rita as they wait for someone to answer the door while eyeing Logan and Amira for a bit. 

"Honestly, I would have taken a mud fight over this. At least it can involve some quicker action than waiting for this shit," Rian says while frowning for a bit with protruding eyes. 

"Hey, it's not that bad for a starting point for us, you know?" Julian says while tapping on Rian's shoulder, only for him to swat it away. 

"I was thinking of a real starting point instead of waiting for her bullcrap," Rian replies while his eyes shot daggers at Julian. 

"C'mon, it's the best we can try instead of a cacophonic field of blasters and rockets!" Rita protests while standing next to Julian by extending her arm.