Chapter 93 - Some of Those that Work Forces

4 hours later. Unknown base. 

In a highly lit room with a lot of monitors placed on the walls, as well as a handful of machinery and static screens being present as well, the chatter is the loudest noise present in the room among the Zlocans inside, all reacting to one common event: Akait has fallen. Manta has fallen. Their priced beast of the sky, one who once ruled with fear and power over everything that stood against her, no matter how big they were, the sign that no one shall pass any further. And yet today, it became a mere object for the graveyard of the ocean's depths. It further dwindles the strength of the Zlocans in the area. 

"Impossible!" 

"What are the Humans hiding?" 

"Who's the one responsible for that blunder?!" 

"Inconceivable!" 

Those are the many words that are heard by the Zlocans processing what happened, many staring at the screens from the satellites that captured the images of Akait being shot down by the railguns of a small ship. To ever think that one of their ships would fall like that, all by some mere human weapons they see as inferior, it's too much to take for them. 

The door on the back slides open, and two familiar twins enter, all rushing in to see what's the commotion about. Rioso and Mora have seen better days when they don't see the Zlocans scatter with their reports like that. For every small mission they accomplish, they still contend with every visit where they hear every kind of shout and whirring machinery from over any devastating event they just received. It's almost as if fate is trying to give them better options to deal with instead of the most disastrous ones. And yet, it still pales in comparison to what it offers to them. 

"Hey, what's going on here?" Rioso asks, his eyes glancing at every corner of the room, whether it's some of the static screens or the Zlocans scrambling around the room, trying to find the next directive to pull to ensure a better defense next time. Probably even much more than that. 

"Rio,  I think it's about Akait," Mora answers, all while staring at the repeating image of the big airship blown apart by the rail cannons. Rioso blinks rapidly at this while glancing at Mora as if those very words are unusual for him to hear at this instance. 

"Wait, you mean they destroyed? Just like that?" 

"Those human bastards ruined it..." a female Zlocan near the twins mutters, hands clenched and all as she stares at the screen, the image still recorded in her head, likely one that would last for a lifetime of disappointment. 

"Uh, sorry, miss?" Rioso asks, but Mora covers his mouth with her left hand which makes him glance at her rapidly for a bit, turning back and forth while trying to speak his words out to no avail, all while the female Zlocan glances at the two of them. 

"Don't you see? They sailed all the way with those antiques of ships, and yet an insignificant cannon can surpass our beloved Akait!" she yells while slamming her fists on the console in front of her, which makes many of the personnel except the twins to turn back and flinch in response to the outburst, all while she breathes slowly as a result of it, still staring at the screen as if it's trying to memorize a potential solution to what happened, something to ensure that none of their other creations and defenses receive the same fate as Akait did. Then, she snickers for a bit before turning her glance to the twins, who keep their distance from the officer in case something happens to them. 

"Maybe we can deploy you to a special place to further develop your skills. You'll make a fine sideshow to show that we won't tolerate such attacks on us, the ones who are supposed to save humanity from itself," she says with an eerie calm tone, and even with the helmet, one could feel like there's a small smirk forming on her face, almost like if the twins could form a perfect counter to the UEF.